cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Planning including the Work in Progress Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently in my company the deployment planning is done only based on the finished goods at the site.. I would like to include the WIP inventory also in the total stock so that I can plan better my deployment planning and reduce the inventory holding cost also.

If somebody has done some work around to incorporate this change please share it or if some other tool is available to add the WIP inventory in FG for planning purpose only.

Regards,

Neo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

The WIP or SFG needs to be identified as a receipt category element and further needs to be grouped under 'receipt category'. This receipt category needs to be attached to location product master data in 'SNP2' tab of APO material master and / or SNP tab of location master (deployment). If the WIP / SFG is created as a new category element, then CIF enhancement for stock is required to integrate with APO. If these are stocked as 'Quality or inspection stock' with category CF, then the standard integration model suffices. There is always a risk of 'Scrap' re 'rejection' percentage when you integrate WIP/SFG as deployable stock.

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Thanks for the insight. The plan is to have the WIP inventory only to do the deployment planning. Is there any setup to be done to get it flow in the inventory assignment tool which has a restriction to do for either FG or WIP only?

More over we have multiple sites where the WIP is present, so is it possible to incorporate WIP from both places to do the deployment plan?

Regards,

Murthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are WIP planned as SFG and have inventory in SAP ECC /MM.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

The WIP has a seperate code and is converted into FG later at a contract manufacturing site. Their is one to one mapping for FG and the WIP. Currently only FG is visible in the deployment tool for planning. I would like to get today's WIP also added to it so that i can plan in a better way. Please let me know if you have any tool or any other work around like doing some setup for the goods to reflect in the assignment screen.

Regards,

Murthi