cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object dependencies in inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

My company deals with configurable materials,so whatever the charecteristics that has been assigned in the sales order I want to do inspection for that charecteristics.Like super bom ,super routing, we have super inspection plan.Now my question is that how to assign the object dependencies(selection condition) in the inspection plan.

Regards

Sandip Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

whatever the charecteristics that has been assigned in the sales order I want to do inspection for that charecteristics

For this, in the material master - QM view, select the indicator "insp by configuration" for that inspection type.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal

That has been done. Then where to create the object dependencies

Regards

Sandip Sarkar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The object dependencies are set in the general characteristic in the class, not in the inspection plan.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Firefighter

Now if you have configurable material. Suppose length is a variable for that material. Length may range from 100mm to 10000mm. You have got different inspection charecteristics for each size 100,200,etc.How will you map it . And as far object dependencies are concerned they are written on tasklist and BOM.So that what ever charecteristic value you have in sales order it can relate to that operation on whose value it matches.

Regards

Sandip Sarkar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip,

I can't say I'm an expert in variable config. I've used it very, very little. But as I've understood the process, the spec is set in the general characteristic by the dependency when the sales order is created. The general characteristic is mapped to a MIC that is a reference characteristic which is in the inspection plan. When the order is created and the spec determined, the spec is copied into the inspection lot against the appropriate MIC.

If you are measuring length as a dependency I'm not sure why you would have multiple characteristics for that. The length spec is what was determined by the customer and entered in sales order.

As I understand the general characteristics can determine the items from the super BOM that are used but the actual values are determined via the order.

FF

Answers (0)