cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP Filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement where we want to run manual Ad-Hoc BOP by sales order,creation date range,material and plant so that it will pick only the particular selected orders.

But we found that though it picked particular sales order but it filter from total backlogs which exists for that particular material and plant combination, and filtering the selected orders from the whole list actually took maximum portion of BOP run time.

I need help whether there is any way where BOP can picked the input sales orders only respect to particular material and plant combination.

I am giving two scenario which I faced:

1. Total backlog:53k

Sales order: 5 k

Run time:2.5 k

2. Total backlog:10k

Sales order: 5 k

Run time:45 mins

Thanks,

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibankar,

Dogboy has given the best answer possible to your question.

I want to ask you why are you keeping all these so many backlog sales order in APO?????

Y cant u delete these orders from APO ???

Take a reorganisation run for sales order in ECC .. these will remove the sales order from APO

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipankar,

You have discussed two issues, and It is not clear which one is the more important. So, I will answer the question you raised.

It is possible to filter on just about any logical sales criteria, inluding, but not limited to: sales order document number, Material (Product)number, and plant (location) number. To this, the answer is 'yes', BOP can be made to pick according to the criteria you asked.

You also express that runtime is an issue. For such matters, you should consult with one of your local DB experts, who can trace the execution of the program, and discover what bottlenecks may exist. I personally have never seen a single material/plant combination, even with a hundred items to be re-scheduled, take more than 20 seconds. If you have one material/plant taking 45 minutes, and there are not thousands of items for that combo, then there is something wrong.

If I had to work this issure, the first thing I would look at would be how 'creation date' is being managed, especially during selection, at the DB level.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My concern is even if I am giving filter criteria as Sales order with material plant combination,BOP consider all the backlogs then it filter and checked the selected sales order.

So, I need help whether BOP can select the input orders directly without filtering from whole lots which reduce the filtering time.I checked filtering run time consumed almost 80% of BOP run.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipankar,

I have no idea how BOP works technically. Logically, though, you cannot select a specific subset of records from a database without scanning the entire database. So, I don't think your request is possible. How would the program know that all matching records had been retreived without first going through the entire possible list?

The issue is the speed of the scan. In databases, if you select via a key or an index, the DBM has already pre-scanned the database, and knows the location of the records you seek. It can therefore find them quickly. I suspect that one or more of the 'reads' in your BOP program is not indexed, but again, I don't know how BOP works technically.

It might not hurt to regenerate these BOP programs. Try /SAPAPO/BOPC_GENER

If this doesn't help, Go to your DBA and ask him to analyze your BOP's performance. He can advise you of what you can do to improve it.

Another option might be just to use interactive BOP. /SAPAPO/BOPI

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance,

DB49