Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in installaing Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I got this error while i installing Application server,

Cannot connect to CHIP-MONG2 Error(s) returned: [SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. SOLUTION: Check that you specified the correct name for the database server, that the server is running and you are authorized to log on to it.

Can anyone solve it ?

Thanks and Regards

Dhaval Thaker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Concerning this error:

The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

it might also take place if the authentication mode configured for MS SQL Server is wrong. As you may know, there are two authentication modes:

- first one is 'SQL Server and Windows' and the second one is 'Windows

only'.

So it can happen because the user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection, which seems to occur because your SQL Server instance is set to the Windows authentication mode - please check this point, the authentication mode that should be set is 'SQL Server and Windows'.

Also,

Make also sure the environment variables below are correct :

MSSQL_SCHEMA=<sid>

MSSQL_DBNAME=<SID>

MSSQL_SERVER=<sql_server_name>

DBMS_TYPE=mss

Also, check the attached SAP Note #551915 for more details.

If you logon with the operating system user sidadm, are you able to connect to the database instance using the trusted authentication? To test it, just logon to the Windows OS with this user. Then open an Enterprise Manager (if SQL 2000) or Management Studio(if SQL 2005) and then try to connect with the trusted/Windows authentication method.

Please review below SAP notes:

#592514 : MSSQL: internal database users, permissions and security

#551915 : R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, your answer is helpful for me