cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number in sample management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Can I use serial number in sample management to maintain the uniqueness of the sample.

Kindly help

Thanks

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Any inputs?

kindly help

Thanks

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Thanks for reply but Primary sample,reserve sample etc, these are the types of the sample.

For example I take five samples from lot of same material and record the results of all samples .

Now if I want to see the results of third sample how to map this?

kindly help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you activated the sample management or not? It will give number each primary sample.You can enter the result each sample wise.

Let me know any issue.

Regards,

Vairavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

how to activete the sample management system?

kindly help

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.In the task list

a) define the sample drawing procedure.In sample drawing procedure you have to define the type of sample you needed.

b) in the header below sample drawing procedure ,define the Inspection point based on the sample mgt.

c)At the char level define the sampling procedure for each char/mic.

Now activate the serial number profile in the Material master as per normal procedure.

Make sure that you active the serial number tick in the inspection setup.

This will create the samples & you can do the RR ,defect recording as per the serial number & sample mgt.

I hope this will add some value

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sujit

Thanks for help.

I want uniqueness for samples, not for material.

For example:-company is manufacturer of calculators. From lot of 100 calculators QA person I take 5pc as reference samples and he wish to maintain uniqueness of samples.

He will give 4th sample to marketing person on returnable basis

After giving to marketing, four samples will remain in stock and after receiving from him the stock should be again five

How to map this?

Kindly help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System itself will smaple number for each sample.ie., primary sample,reserve sample will have numbers.Then why you require serial number?

Regards,

Vairavan.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think yes.

Vishal