cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to temporary delete/remove vendor in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All experts,

Does anyone know how to remove the vendor temporary in TX: PPOMV_BBP.

It is because there is over 10,000 vendors in R/3, but actually user only use few hundred on their daily busniess in EBP. User found that in EBP, the vendor list is too long and they get confuse in the list.

Unfortunity , i found that all these vendors had been created with business partner number. If I delete it, it will never appear again for replication.

therefore, how can I limit the vendor master display in EBP when user select supply in search function?

Thanks for all.

best regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about setting the flag "central lock" or "not released" for the supplier insted of deleting the supplier.

Another way is using "Supplier List". User can select a supplier from Supplier List.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Yes, I also found it works if set business partner as "not released".

by the way, since there is over 10,000 vendor master in the list. is there any way to mass update the flag for "not released".?

thousand of thanks.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Put a Central block on the business partner records of these vendors in SRM and remember that any update in ECC to these vendors will trigger an update in SRM and central block may create problem there....

The centrally blocked vendors should not appear in the search list but, if that is happening you can restrict the list based on criteria driven by Central Block

Regards

Virender Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi marco

you may require to improve on search functioanlity rather blocking vendors.

please shoot one message to SAP message on increases the performance of vendor search let see ..

yes since wallmart big customers has more than 1 lakh vendors ...

you may need to fine tune the vendor search like text search improvement rather than blocking vendors ..

BLOCKING/UNBLOCKING VENDOR IS MORE OPERATIONAL WORK.

Muthu