Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Regression Testing in XI

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello:

We are doing some patch upgrade for XI from SP13 to SP16 and we are planning to do some regression testing in Dev, then in QA and then in Prod. Are there any steps to take or is there any blog or PDF, links on how to do such regression testing? We have quite a lot of active interfaces.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Regd. Blogs etc I am not sure.

You can think of these-

First check the upgraded SP level in J2EE engine and ABAP engine. ( Go to ABAP stack and check the status from menu )

1) XI readiness Check Refer SAP Note - 884865

2) XI configuration check ( SLD, Communication Channels, SM59 entries, Http communication/destinations)

3) Check the Adapter configurations/RWB , is the new features are updated or not. Based on SAP help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/d00cb4a7073ab3e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

4) Test simple end to end scenarios

Regards,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

So, are these steps part of Regression Testing for XI? For XI Config check, do I need to compare communication channels, SM59 entries, etc. before the patch upgrade and after the patch applied?

My question is, what do I need to compare, if any, and what changes/affects can take place as a result of this patch upgrade? Are these all part of regression testing?

Do I need to test any interfaces as part of XI configuration?

Thanks for your prompt response.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes ,you are right.

If you upgrade new SP, first you need to check is the SP is upgraded correctly. For this you can check SP versions in ABAP stack and J2EE stack.

Next , you need to check the new features of the new SP. This you need to go manually to the atleast some adapters and you can check the features.

SM59 etc are part of Post Intsallation. So this is not required at first site. But it is better to do Readiness Check. These are consider as Regression testing for XI when you are upgrading/Moving the systems into different environment etc.

Atlast you can test end to end scneario to check the availability of Monitoring component.

These things our team has done .

Regards,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Moorthy. I guess you are referring the End-to-End scenario testing in RWB?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right Rajan.

Because we have faced some problems with SAP notes etc. But this is in different system not during the Upgradation.

Also check RWB all components like Message Monitoring,Adapter monitoring ( 2 important ) . because if you have missed any Java pacthes , then it will be difficult to monitor etc.

Regards,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Moorthy.

I will follow those steps and see if I encounter any issues.

regards,

Rajan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to those who helped/replied. Closing this thread as no further replies.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use laod runner to do thT and u have info for that in service market place.

also chk thz own..it will be useful.../people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/28/simulating-xi-messages-proto