cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a thread?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I am having trouble posting a thread...SDN says i hve too many open threads, but alot of the threads posted have been helpful, but not fully answered. I have assigned points, but the thread is still open. If I try to change the points awarded to full it promts me saying that if it is not ansered correctly then you should not change point assignment. I do not want to mislead users that some threads are answered when they only give a brief insight to my query, as oppsosed to answwering my questions in full.

Also, I have a thread that is locked to any replies, any insight to why that may be.

Sorry if this is not the place to post this, but it is the forum i use most.

Thanks,

niraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

Just below the heading u201C SAP Community Network Forum >> u2026 u201C which located near the top. There is a box reserved for your thread. Inside that box there is an option u201C Mark as answeredu201D. If you click u201Cansweredu201D, it will close the thread.

Regards. Jen

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Sep 17, 2010 11:54 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread closed guaranteed if you:

1. post a question about dates

2. post an interview question

3. post link farms

and so on.

Works like a charm.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These threads will usually be locked, but not closed. Once somebody piles up ten of these, he is effectively barred from opening new questions, which is a nice side effect as far as I am concerned. Then he will either open a new user ID and start over (following the rules or not), or complain here about his fate, drawing appropriate comments from the community.

"Mild" abuses like wrong forum I am often marking as "assumed answered" when locking, so they don't count against the limit.

Somebody with ten genuinely open problems at the same time is rather rare in my experience, normally this can be avoided by a disciplined follow-up and clean-up procedure.

Thomas

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thread closed guaranteed if you:

> 1. post a question about dates

> 2. post an interview question

> 3. post link farms

> and so on.

>

> Works like a charm.

in addition to this Some times You may be awarded as GUEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Detailed Procedure for closing ticket/thread

1. Decide which hand(right/left) will you like to use to close it.

2. Lift your hand and post it on mouse.

3. Now try to click the button of mouse and select answered.

Please points if answer is satisfactory ..................Just kidding !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Niraj,

There is a limit of 10 questions which can be in status unanswered at one instance of time so please be careful with that limit.

Also basic questions, Interview questions and Lazy questions(where answers are available in SCN or SAP help) are reported as abuse/ failed to search to forum moderators and end up with Locking of the thread.

Moderators do leave a note regarding this action in these threads.

So please go through the forum rules and be cereful while asking questions, make sure you don't crosspost and close your threads on time.

-Pushkar