cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Ready to be confirmed' POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have added a new feeder type 'SAPSRM_FEEDER_E_POTC_ONLY_ERP' to check status POWL (SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS) and the query 'SAPSRM_ERP_PURCHASING_02_02' as user wanted a new tab which lists all classic PO's to be confirmed.

We are on SRM 7.0 Classic scenario. When I try to view the PO's using this tyep its giving me the error message 'R3QCLNT100 : Type or Role not assigned to the user' . Does that user/RFC user should have some roles assigned in BE system? We tried with 'SAP_ALL' but it didn't work.

Any clues to get rid of this issue? Do I have to add any other feeder type ? or Is this something to do with RFC connections/User authrizations?

Please help.

Thanks

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pratik2228
Participant
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I am facing the same issue..its giving me the same error

EBPCLNT300: Type or role is not assigned to the user.

If anyone has solve the issue.

please Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya

Did you assign Harmonized role to the User who is using the POWL and activate the business function LOG_MM_P2PSE_1 in ERP.

Although this is not required for your problem but as a cross check, please check your config in IMG--> SRM Server --> Technical Basic Settings -->Define RFC Destinations to ERP for Input help.

One more question, are you able to view SRM documents in other POWLs.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the inputs Virender..

Can you please which role should be assigned in ERP? And should I assign it to the user/RFC user?

Yes, I'm able to view the documents in SRM , SC, CONF etc..issue is only with the backend documents..

I checked the RFC destinations in IMG and they are all fine..

Can you please help me out with more info?

Thanks again,

Lavanya

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this note for clarification

settings in EP

1. assign harmonized roles to users

Portal Content for Harmonized Procurement in SAP ERP & SAP SRM

In this area, you can find information about the SAP NetWeaver Portal content (roles and their corresponding worksets and iViews) that is available for procurement using documents in SAP ERP and SAP SRM. The roles u2014 also referred to as u201Charmonized rolesu201D u2014 are listed below:

Features

Role

Technical Name

Operational Purchaser (ERP)

com.sap.pct.srm.suite.ro_operationalpurchaser_erp

Operational Purchaser (ERP/SRM)

com.sap.pct.srm.suite.ro_operationalpurchaser

Strategic Purchaser (ERP)

com.sap.pct.srm.suite.ro_strategicpurchaser_erp

Strategic Purchaser (ERP/SRM)

com.sap.pct.srm.suite.ro_strategicpurchaser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya

The Harmonized Portal Role Operational Purchaser(ERP/SRM) , Strategic Purchaser(ERP/SRM) can be tried here.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your inputs Muthu\Virender..

The user for which I'm trying to add POWL has 'Employee' role not the operational/stratagic purchaser roles...Should this user be assigned with the purchaser role to enable him to view the PO's in backend system??

Regards

Lavanya

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f1d5ee-84ab-2c10-ce97-97dfd89bc...

When i refered this docuement , i learnt that role may not necessary parameter to build the query

however assign a role as /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER to your rfc user .

and see the results

since you require to see only how many POs are not yet done good receipt,

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have changed the logical system in query parameters and created a feeder type 'PURCHEXC_TOBE_CONFIRMED_SRM' in ECC and Now I could see the POs from the backend. But when I select/Click on PO , I expect to see the PO details , but it's giving me another error 'Error while parsing due to invalid XML data'.

I tried debugging and the error is returned by the FM 'POWLR_VALIDATE_ACTIONS' in ECC while deserializing the XML data.

I dont know much about XML settings.

Help pls...

Thanks

Lavanya

Edited by: LAVANYA CHAVA on Sep 22, 2010 4:24 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just update some information for you since i am no so familiar on POWL

it might helps

Note 1427154 - Print Preview for SRM PO not working in harmonized POWL

With SRM 7.0 the harmonized POWL was introduced to display ERP and SRM documents in a common work list. Especially the Purchase Orders from SRM and ERPs can even be displayed in the same query. In such a query the button "Print Preview" is not working. If the user executes the button, a short dump will be generated

Other terms

harmonized POWL, harmonized Roles, aligned POWL, Overall Query, SRM, ERP, SRM 7.0, Purchase Order.

Reason and Prerequisites

In the harmonized POWL the ERP and SRM documents are shown together. This is done via so called 'Remote POWL' functionality. Using this functionality POWL Feeder implementations from foreign system are called via RFC. Even for the SRM documents that are located in the same system the RFC with destination 'NONE' is used.

But the Print Preview functionality needs a Web Dynpro reference and therefore cannot be executed via RFC. Hence this specific Print Preview functionality has to be implemented locally in the aligned Purchase Order Feeder Class without use of RFC.

Solution

Apply the correction instruction or import the corresponding Service Package

You may need to identify correct feeder class

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP_SRM_ERP_OP_HARM - this role is Harmonized role

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya/Muthu,

I have a similar problem. I have just set up POWL in SRM 7 -- ECC 6.0 . I have added the harmonized role for operational purchaser in portal and when I select the query "All ERP" against "Purchase orders' it lists down all the backend P.Os in ERP. There is no problem upto this point.

However when I select a record (a backend P.O), I get a message "Error while parsing due to invalid xml" .. If I double click , it throws up a dump. I am however able to open local P.Os without any error from POWL.

Did I miss anything?

thanks

Saji George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

Is your problem solved? what did you do to solve this. I have the same issue.

Saji George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saji,

Do you have this user in backend ECC system with Purchaser role? In order to display an process ERP POs, user need to have proper authorizations in ECC.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadish,

This user has "SAP_ALL" in profile. What specific role does this user need in ECC? Please note that we are able to create P.Os in ECC through the portal.. P.O Creation works, so shouldn't the display of P.O (detail display) also work?

Let me know the role for ECC user. I will apply that and let you know.

Thanks

Saji George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saji,

I tried everything , assigning harmonized roles , SAP_ALL , almodt evrything I could do but didn't get rid of the problem.

I have raised a message with SAP but haven't got any response from them yet. I just came back from holiday and I think I'll have to follow-up with them.

Sure I'll let you know if I get any solution.

Please share with me too if you can solve this issue.

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

I am facing the same issue can you tell me how your issue was resolved.

Thank you

Suresh