cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity 1000 CONVT_NO_NUMBER

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're interfacing MDM with ECC work order. Does anyone else have the issue of when the quantity ordered in MDM is greater than 999, the system tags on a "," to the 1000 so 1,000. When ECC receives this value, program SAPLIOCI_OCI throws a CONVT_NO_NUMBER run time error.

As far as I know, there's no place in MDM that designates how you want the numbering format to be displayed, thus no way to elimiate the "," in the 1,000.

I haven't found any OSS notes either on this. We're on an older version of MDM 7.1.03.69. If this doesn't happen in your system, can you please reference your build level so we know for sure that this has been resolved in an updated MDM version.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

There is option for maintaing the values.

In data manger ,click on configuration-optios-format-numeric 1000 separators.

Under this option you can set it none.

Does anyone else have the issue of when the quantity ordered in MDM is greater than 999, the system tags on a "," to the 1000 so 1,000. When ECC receives this value, program SAPLIOCI_OCI throws a CONVT_NO_NUMBER run time error.

i have one confusion. As you said in this statement that when the quantity ordered ,are you talking about srm mdm catalog

to transfer item to ECC or you are syndicating data to ERP.

Please clear this statement.

if you are talking about the transfer from sm mdm catalog then there is no involvement of MDM as at catalog level they used to format quantity using the passed language.In this case when you transfer item the quantity format depend on the language used.

In both the case i think you are not formating the quantity value at ECC level that is why it i s giving eror.

If you think problem will solve if tehre is no such character in quantity value in mdm transfer scenarion then go ahead with what i suggest at first line.

Hope this help you.

Thanks,

sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if I wasn't clear. But your first assumption is correct, we're using the SRM-MDM catalog to interface with the ECC work order via OCI. When we punchout to the SRM-MDM Catalog, when you enter in a qantity of over 999 the system automatically adds a "," to the thousands, making everything "1,000".

When this quantity is returned back to ECC work order, ECC program SAPLIOCI_OCI throws a CONVT_NO_NUMBER run time error.

So question is, where in SRM-MDM can we take off the insertion of the ",". We're using standard english language. When I debug the ECC program, values of "1000" is fine, but when SRM-MDM uses "1,000" system gives error.

Could this be a bug that SAP has never encountered?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is not a bug from srm mdm side.As we usually sends the quantity based on the language SRM MDM catalog get.

ECC program SAPLIOCI_OCI throws a CONVT_NO_NUMBER run time error

I think problem is at your program level.I think you are not doing parsing and formatting of the quantity data with the english language.

Please check at your prog level.

There is no option to switch off this extra character at srm mdm level as it is supporting multi language.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reason why I'm saying it's a SAP bug is because we're using the standard program SAPLIOCI_OCI that SAP has provided to interface with catalogs from ECC.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hsve no idea to which functions passes this data before reaches this SAPLIOCI_OCI programafter transferring item from catalog.

What my observation is that your SAPLIOCI_OCI program expecting a value 1000 rather 1,000.

so i think there should be some place betwenn transfer item to this program that will convert the value.

Do you know the control flow of this transfer.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no control flow. We're using the standard Badi PLM_CATALOG_IF method COMPONENT_VIA_CATALOG_GET. This method initates the catalog call, and also handles the catalog return response through FM IOCI_PLM_CATALOG_IF and it's inside IOCI_PLM_CATALOG_IF that the error is thrown.

None of this is customized. Everything is standard out of the box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the SRM-MDM system doesn't use a "," in price, but only uses in quantity to separate out the thousands. I personally think it's poor coding that should be fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

I had confusion with price and quantity.

Yes quantity should be pass as 1000 only from catalog side.If catalog passes quantity as 1,000 then there is problem at catalog side.Just check using http watch that what quantity catalog is transferring and if it is 1,000 then raise a ticket.

Which version of catalog you are.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually checked HTTP watch today and the quantity being posted by MDM as 1,000 and not 1000. We're raising a message tomorrow with SAP.

Thanks!

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek.

Can you try upgrading to the latest patch of SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0? It looks this issue was fixed already in some of the patches. Also if possible can you search for the previous release notes of the patches?

Note: Commas and Dots for the quantity are represented based on the UI language in the catalog. If the language is EN, then 1000 is represented as 1,000. If the language is DE, it is showed as 1.000

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

In Syndication --> Configuration Options --> Numeric Format --> 1000s separator --> remove , and give a try. Also in SAP even if it is a standard code you can still do modifications as suggested in this thread (couple of options they mentioned here):

Also I have searched notes with CONVT_NO_NUMBER and I have got few notes on this. Please check if anyone helps you out.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derex,

As per my understanding, you are using this MDM Quantity Field of Type Real, Create a new field of either Type Integer or Text, this will solve your problem. I mean using MDM console create a new field of Type Integer then load repository after that Assign all the values of Quantity to this new field of Type Integer. Once it is done, unload repository and delete Quantity field of type Real and now onwards start using this Quantity field of Type Integer only. In OCI mapping map this new quantity field of Type Integer with SRM field.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, I've actually tried this already and this only change the display format in the Syndicator/Data Manager app, but it does not modify how the Wedynpro application handles the quantity field.

Good input though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

The "catalog items" table of SRM-MDM catalog does not have a quantity field nor are you allowed to assign the OCI mapping in the UI config for quantity. I think it's hard-coded.