SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable order UOM retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a situation here..I maintain different UOMs in the Basic Data view of my article master. Say, Sales UOM is EA, Order UOM is CA1 and I have few other UOMs maintained, CAR..I have set the variable UOM in the Purchasing view to 1 and as a result can maintain prices for any number of UOMs. I have maintained the order price for both CAR and CA1.

When I compute the Sales Price, it picks the default order UOM (CA1) and computes the price accordingly. Any idea how I can get the other UOMs while computing sell price?

Is there a way I can control order UOMs for Sales Organisations?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unit of measure is specific to Article don't mix with Sales Organization.

For example

-

BUM--OUD/I---SUM

EA----1EA

***--

CAR----12EA

PAL---8-CAR

You can maintain the sales price values conditions in VK11 for EA, CAR, PAL Unit of measures.

In the above case the default SUOM is EA if you maintain the sales value in CAR system will automatically convert the sales price to EA.

Even in sales order if you change the Salues unit of measure to PAL system automatically converts the prices to PAL.

Hope this may help you.

Regards

GK.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use the sales UOM in sales view for the different sales org/dc.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita ,

If I have understood your problem properly then you want to procure or Order an article via different UOMs - say

CAR & CA1 and what you want is that the Sales Price should be calculated based on CAR and CA1 depending on the situation.

if this is correct then please let me know are you willing to have two different Sales Price for a single Article ?

Meaning - Article Cost Supplier UOM

2001234 25 4567 CAR where 1 CAR = 10 EA

2001234 50 6789 CA1 where 1 CA1 = 30 EA

So when the Sales Schema gets EKNN = 25 / 10 considering CAR as ordering UOMthen you would get a Sales Price which can never be equal to the Sales Price which would be calculated when the Sales Schema would receive 50/ 30 considering CA1 as ordering UOM.

I dont know how would your system determine when to use which Ordering Unit.

Please let me know if you are interested in Different Sales Price across different Sales Org. Because there are different ways to achieve it.

Please let me know the scenario in a bit more detail.

Kind Regards

Amitava

0 Kudos

Here is the scenario..

I have 3 different UOMs. EA - Sales UOM, CAR default Order UOM and CA1.

vkp5 picks EA as the sales UOM for the default Order UOM CAR while computing the sales price. So if CAR is 12 EA and CAR is 12$, EA is computed to be 1$.

Alternatively, I want the system to pick CA1 under other circumstances as the order UOM instead of the default Order UOM CAR.

For me to make the system pick CA1 as the order UOM while computing the sale price i need to override the default UOM in some way.

So if CA1 is 10 EA and CA1 is 8$, I want my article to be priced at 0.80$.

Can this scenario be replicated?

I have set the variable Order UOM flag in purchasing Tab to 2 and maintained price also for CAR and CA1. However, price computation (vkp5) uses the default order UOM.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

There is one way ( that comes to my mind - however there might be many) however this also depends on your scenario.

Lets assume you are procuring the article from 2 suppliers.

Vendor Article OrderUOM Cost

ABC 2001234 CAR 10 where 1 CAR = 10 EA

DEF 2001234 CA1 20 where 1 CA1 = 25 EA

Now there is a RELIF or Regular vendor Flag in your purchasing view of your article master .

Based on this regular vendor flag SAp will submit the Sales Price calculation .

So the user has to put the Regular Vendor on ABC when they are procuring from it so that CAR is used in Sales Price Calculation.

Similarly the user has to put the Regular Vendor on DEF when they are procuring from it so that CA1 is used in Sales Price Calculation.

Please let me know your observation .

Kind Regards

Amitava

0 Kudos

Hi Ankitha,

You can achieve this by doing the following:

1. Maintain a different reference site in retail pricing configuration for each Sales Org

2. Maintain a site specific info record for each of the sites and use the relevant unit of measure in the Pricing Order Unit in EINE.

When you run VKP5, the relevant info record gets picked and the corresponding purchase price unit is used.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

NT