cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery not in stage in Shipment document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There are two deliveries X & Ycreated and attached to the Shipment document.While creating Shipment cost document, only one delivery X is appearing.When I check the stage details in Shipment , I found delivery Y is not in stage, hence did not transfer to shipment cost.What made the delivery Y not come in stage

I am unable to replcate this in test system.Please let me know what went wrong

Regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member696369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check once shipping conditions of both deliveries are same or not in delivery header shipment tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if both deliveries are from the same origin and to the same destination.

Check at stage level what is origin and destination and compare that with deliveries shipping points and ship-to customers.

That is because if either origin or destination are different, then in first stage you have only deliveries related to first leg of the transportation chain.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked all.The datas are same for both the deliveries, but some how one delivery didn'tcome in stage.

Unable to replicate this scenario

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is also an option to manually assign/unassign deliveries from the stage.

Check in shipment changes log if there are entries with key VTSP which would indicate such action.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing I can think of is that one of the deliveries already had shipment created for it.

Edited by: Quynh Nguyen on Sep 21, 2010 7:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few things you can check:

1. Route - is the relevant for transport flag check?

2. Delivery item category - is it relevant for transport?

3. When you add the delivery to shipment during shipment creation stage, did you check the Actual Goods Movement status of the delivery? Sometimes, the delivery is already GI'ed, and the goods movement status of the delivery is defaulted as A, and B. You will need to adjust the status to include C.

4. Check the transportation planning status of the delivery, and adjust the status on the selection field when you try adding the delivery to shipment.