cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Solution Manager 7.01 to 64-bit system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I apologize I'm creating new thread on the same topic, but I think I placed it in wrong section and I do not know if I can move it. This is the other thread: [].

We need to migrate our Solution Manager to a 64-bit systems.

I'm trying to migrate using a homogeneous copy. I prepared a full DB backup when WAS was offline.

I started the installation this way:

SAPInst --> SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP 1 --> Software Life-Cycle Options --> System Copy --> MaxDB --> Target System Installation --> Central System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java --> Central System (there is no option ABAP only)

During the Roadmap Step "Define Parameteres" I have to enter the path to Migration Export Medium. Whatever I choose I receive the error:

You have to specify a valid location for the requested package SAP:JMIG:701:*:*:*
Specifiy the location which contains the right LABEL.ASC .

There is no step in the guide "System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Including Enhancement Package 1 SR 1 ABAP" describing how to prepare this Export for a homogeneous system copy.

This is the source 32-bit system:

1. Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SP06, non-unicode, ABAP only

2. MaxDB 7.7.04.28

3. OS - Windows Server 2003 32-bit

4. Kernel 7.01 SP107

This is the target 64-bit system:

1. Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SP - latest possible, non-unicode

2. MaxDB 7.7.04.28

3. OS - Windows Server 2003 64-bit

4. Kernel 7.01 SP - latest possible

I found [this thread|; saying it is possible to use the Installation master for NetWeaver instead of the SolMan Installation master. shall we lose any SOlMan functionality if we do it that way?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me resolving that issue!

Best regards,

Petar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate using a homogeneous copy. I prepared a full DB backup when WAS was offline.

It seems that u r trying to do a system copy using backup/restore method. In this case, need to have selected the option Backup/Restore method in the step database installation.

Else u need to have the export taken from the source system. During this export procedure a Export DVD will be created which will have the LABEL.ASC which is what is expected in ur case.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varadharajan,

Thanks for the advice!

It seems that u r trying to do a system copy using backup/restore method. In this case, need to have selected the option Backup/Restore method in the step database installation.

I do not reach to the step Database installation as the installation process stuck in the phase parameters definition. Does it mean I must start the System copy process from another branch of the initial tree, not from the place I did it?

I tried to start installation of new system with the idea to restore the DB over the new system when it is ready for that, but there is no option to install non-UNICODE system so this will not work for me.

Regards,

Petar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you have all the exported datas and check which LABLE.ASC has the above entry, if you stuck on exprt data creation path

refer this guide [solman system copy for apap+java|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5019eaab-afdd-2c10-61a1-ac50f784c0fe?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] but this is for SR3.

And refer the SAP note [Note 1317500 - Hom./Het.System Copy SAP NW 7.0 incl. EHP 1 SR1|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=]

you can see some demos on export part here,

[|]

jansi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petar,

out of the box: I am not sure if your plan will work at all.

Reason: Solution Manager 7.01 non-unicode is not supported at all!!

In my opinion, you have to do the following:

1.) Unicode conversion in your source system

2.) System migration from 32 to bit 64-bit (not sure whether your OS supports this performing an homogenous copy, in my opinion this has to be a heterogenous one)

3.) Add-in installation on Java-stack into the 64bit UC system

You cannot run current Solution Manager non-unicode!!

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

You are right - it is not possible to install a new non-unicode system based on NW 7.xx.

But this is migration of old system and it is possible to do.

1) I've tought for unicode conversion, but there is a problem exporting the database and I cannot perform this action at this stage, unfortunately.

2) SAP notes do not matter whether the OS is 32- or 64-bit - the DB type and version must be the same and the type of the OS too - anyway this is the only way to do it in this case.

3) I agree - but this is post migration activity.

Finally I found what was wrong - the user SUPERDBA was not known for any reason to the DB. I had to set it again.

Solution:

1. Run command: DBMCLI -d db_id -u control,password

2. Run command: user_sysdba superdba,old_password - the password in the source system

3. Run command: user_put superdba password=new_password - the one used as master password during the installation process

4. Run command: exit and close the command prompt.

5. Repeat the step generating the error and continue the migration process

6. It was successfully finished some time later.

Thanks everyone!

Petar

former_member709110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think choosing "Based on AS ABAP and AS Java" is correct. Whats the number of the Installation Master DVD you are using ?

Regards,

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Unfortunately our SolMan is ABAP only so there is no way to generate export for Java stack (I suppose JMIG means exactly this). I've looked through all LABEL.ASC files an I did not find any containing JMIG.

Hi Neel,

The Installation Master DVD No is 51036441. I found a general NW 7.01 Installation Master DVD No 51038620_13 where I can chose the option ABAP only - I'm trying to perform the migration now. Is it the right choice?

Best regards,

Petar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The migration started normally from NW 7.01 Installation Master DVD No 51038620_13. An error occurred after the DB import during the DB restart:

-24622 Automatic loading of the System Tables failed [db_online -f]; -24909,
ERR_DBAUNKNOWN: Database system administrator unknown

Anyway, the DB went into Online mode and I continued the migration and it dumped with error:

> Subprocess starts at 20100917160753

Execute Command : D:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n SAPSM2 -d SM2 -u CONTROL,******** 
load_systab -u SUPERDBA,******** -ud ********
 Execute Session Command : exit

> Subprocess stops at 20100917160755

> Subprocess call failed
 ERR
 -24907,ERR_DBAWRONG: wrong SYSDBA

I've set a master password during the parameters setting phase. I've successfully logged on DBMGUI using CONTROL,master_pass. I've successfully logged on SQL Studio using SUPERDBA,master_pass too. I fond the source system has the default passwords for these DB users.

Could this difference in the passwords cause the problem?

I tried to change the password of SUPERDBA so that it will be the same as I entered as a Master password and it failed.

C:\>dbmcli -d SM2 -u control,pass1
dbmcli on SM2>user_put sysdba password=pass1
ERR
-24957,ERR_NOUSER: required user not set

I can logon SQLstudio using SUPERDBA and the password used on the source system. Should I use the following command to set this user?

user_set user-type=<user_type> <usr>,<pwd>

How can I fix this problem?

Regards,

Petar

Edited by: Petar Yordanov on Sep 20, 2010 12:57 PM