cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP API to store DATE value in MDM 5.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Currently I am working on MDM 5.5 and need to have some suggestions on ABAP API Function module to store date values in MDM.

We have interface from where we take the user input which updates the field value back in the MDM.

On the basis of similar scenario we have "DATE" field on the interface which will update the date and time in MDM, also we are making use of ABAP API for development.

The problem is that data type mismatch is happening between MDM and ABAP API,please let me know which ABAP API Function module should we use which simply accepts the DATE and TIME for every single record.

Source code provided will be much more appreciable.

Regards,

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

To update fields in MDM with data type Literal Date and Time ,u need to use data type MDM_CDT_DATE_TIME in ABAP side.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Thanks for your response.

I have gone through your provided link, it is on MDM 7.1 TUPLE related record level and our requirement is in MDM 5.5.

It would be helpful for me if you provides the details on the MDM 5.5 function modules on DATE & TIME.

Important Hint:

In our current MDM 5.5 we maintained Date and Time as Literal date and time.

Regards

Swapnil

Edited by: Swap_neil on Sep 17, 2010 8:35 AM

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil.

In the same link provided by Sudhanshu, can you navigate to the node "Retrieving Complex Types".

It has sample codes and MDM interfaces for TimeStamp, Time Stamp, User Stamp, Literal Date, Literal Time etc.

As suggested, you can also try to use the type MDM_CDT_DATE_TIME.

See the sample code provided in the link as below:

Type: MDM Literal date:

CLEAR lv_date.

CONVERT TIME STAMP ls_result_ddic_ex-fieldliteraldate-content TIME ZONE sy-zonlo INTO DATE lv_date.

WRITE: AT (10) lv_date, '|'.

• Type: MDM Literal time:

CLEAR lv_time.

CONVERT TIME STAMP ls_result_ddic_ex-fieldliteraltime-content TIME ZONE sy-zonlo INTO TIME lv_time.

WRITE: AT (10) lv_time, '|'.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks @-chandar and @ Neethu for your response on my query. I will update the same in ABAP side and let you know.

Regards

Swapnil