cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP 4.7 with Unicode / MNLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having trouble installing getting a unicode system up. During the installation I selected MNLS, and the installation interrupts for this process. However, once it interrupts I don't know what to do at this point. Can someone offer some help on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

4.7 is out of support already.

Your installation media may be too old (R3SETUP doesn't support Unicode installation, you need a sapinst installation).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I am installing 4.7 using sapinst. I have the following install files:

51019680 CD SAP R3E 4.70 SR1 Kernel ORACLE HP,NT

51019679 CD SAP R3E 4.7x1.10 SR1 SAPINST ORACLE

51020178 IDES SAP R3E 4.7 SR1 Exports

Installing on Oracle 9.2.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help with this issue?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first think you need is a UNICODE kernel DVD/CD.

During the installation you can select whether the system is a Unicode or not.

The version you're trying to install is very old and it out of support.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I am missing something. Front what I understand 4.7 is when SAP became unicode compliant. Is there an option during installation that I over looked to set the installation for a unicode system? Do I have the correct install files, kernal, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thank you very much for the assistance. What downloads do you recommend I get from the SAP Marketplace? I have done searches but don't find anything listed as "kernal Unicode" etc. If someone could let me know the file numbers that would be extremely helpful. Thanks again.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

as I stated before (a few times) the system you're trying to install is out of general support. To see any updated installation media the company your account is linked to must have an extended maintenance contract - also for IDES. Usually those files are all togehter listed under

http://service.sap.com/installations

--> Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group

--> SAP Application Components

--> SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE

You're right, 4.7 was made Unicode compliant starting with a certain support package and AFAIK starting with 4.72 (not 4.71).

Markus