cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to check out whole repository from dtr command line tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wonder is it possible to check out whole repository from dtr command line tool.

Normally, in NWDS i have to log into SLD, select a component, then select components i want to check out into workspace.

I would like to do some static analysis (PMD, etc) but checkiing out everything manually is really painfull.

Are there any guides how to check out everyhing from the command line (so i would nothave to specify any paths except top level components)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering why it is necessary to check out the files. If you just want to have them synced to your computer in order to do some static analysis on the sources, you don't need to check them out. It is enough if you just sync them to your local space.

You can do this by having a development config for your track in your NWDS, and then in the inactive view you can create project for the modifiable DCs. You can even select multiple DCs at the same time, by triggering "Sync Sources..." from the context menu. After this you'll find the sources under ...\.dtc\<devconfig ID>\DCs\<your vendor> (you can also find this info in the NWDS when checking the properties of the DC in question). Therefore having all the sources is not a big effort just couple of clicks away.

You just:

1. import devconfig into your NWDS

2. Go to Development Configuration perspective where you have imported the devconfig in question.

3. expand the corresponding node to display the DCs (in inactive view)

4. select them all

5. "Sync Sources..." from the context menu

6. check the synced files on your filesystem and feel free to do the static analysis

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the hint, sync is far better than checkout.

I have managed also to sync resources already in the workspace from the commandline.

As far no one adds another component, this should do the trick.

So now, it would be great to know if there are any new components to sync manually from the NWDS.

Any ideas how to check what was already synced and what is left to sync? In other words, does dtr client allows somehow to check differences in the workspace and the server?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, in the DTR perspective you can see what has been synced already. A green arrow icon will show this for the given resource. Further, if a project hasn't been yet created for a DC, then the folder structure will look like as if no content would be inside (unmounted).

For the sync icons perhaps you need to switch on couple of checkboxes in NWDS preferences under the DTR settings (team development, but as far as I know this depends on the release you have where this settings is exactly located). Om 700 this is in the Preferences >> DTR >> there is a section there "resource decorator settings "Show SYNCED decorator if resource is up-to-date".

I also recommend you to check the meaning of the icons in the DTR perspective. On the top left corner of the DTR client view there's a small black down arrow. If you open it, select "Legend" from the menu.

I hope this answers your question!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost

I want to run all this from command line dtr client, so sync and analysis would run automatically every night. Or at least get the info that i should manually do resync to get the newest DCs to the workspace.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know of a feature which would allow to check out "everything" from the "root".

checkout Checks the given resource out.

Syntax checkout/co \[-exclusive| -x] resource \[activity]

Options exclusive|x If specified the resource is exclusively checkout-out.

Arguments resource The resource that should be checked out.

activity The path or name of the open activity that should be used for the checkout, if no activity is specified one is implicitly created.

Output Variables

$wr[] Working resources

$act[] Activities

Description Checks a resource out.

Examples

Checkout a file within a given activity

Checks out the file "/ws/wspdir/wsp/dir/a.txt" in the activity "/act/myActivity".

checkout /ws/wspdir/wsp/dir/a.txt /act/myActivity

Checkout a file

Checks out the file "/ws/wspdir/wsp/dir/a.txt" in an activity that is implicitly created and returned in the output variable "$act".

checkout /ws/wspdir/wsp/dir/a.txt

Checkout a file exclusively

Checks out the file "/ws/wspdir/wsp/dir/a.txt" exclusively in an activity that is implicitly created and returned in the output variable "$act".

checkout -x /ws/wspdir/wsp/dir/a.txt

Can you please also tell us what kind of statistics you intend to create? Sorry I don't know what PMD abbreviates.

You can always generate yourself an up-to-date documentation of the DTR Console by exporting the help (for details type help help): help -x c:/DTRConsole.doc 

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The whole idea is to check the whole project with code analyzers that check for common mistakes and antipatterns.

PMD, Findbugs, Checkstyle, are all projects that allow you to check your code for mistakes and anipatterns.

I do not want to do it manually, (check out each component and do the analysis) so I'm trying to develop some process that will do it for me. That is why i need to check out whole project.

So maybe there is something that will allow me to get the list of paths of all components so will be able to create some script that will do a checkout of everything?