Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server read lock request timed out in MDM 7.1 server

phaniram_vulisi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a issue regarding the MDM 7.1 server which is on windows 2003 server and Database as Sql server 2005.

The issue is when i am trying to load the MDM server from the MDM console it is popping out the error message as "Server read lock request timed out"

when i restart the server and try to mount the MDM server it is getting mounted but after a while again it popping out the error message.

i saw few log's at batabase and o/s but no luck, Is there a way to solve this issue.

Thanks

Phani Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I got same message some time back, It's not an Error. If you are not using Console for a while you will get the "Server read lock request timed out" message. Server restarts and Patch upgrade is not required is not required . just disconnect console and connect back.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

First set these 2 parameters in MDS.INI and restart MDM Server.

Socket Read Timeout ms=500000

Socket Write Timeout ms=500000

and try it out, if nothing happened.

Then better option is to upgrade MDM Server to 7.1 SP05 PATCH 13.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I am not quite sure so just have a look at guide u201CGood to Knowu201D Topics for a Smooth SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 Implementation

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70b0caa1-92e5-2c10-c687-a8d05e778...

Page no: 21/96 Example 3: Request for a server/repository read lock timed out where it is said that with MDM 7.1, lock attempts time out in 2 minutes to prevent Consoles from locking up for long times. This is not an error and does not require server to be restarted.

So please go through complete section 5.6 MDM Server Client Requests

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini