cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronisation between Sap Office and Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

For my client I am looking for a way to synchronise the mails generated by SAP and placed in the SAPOffice outbox with the users Microsoft Outlook outbox.

An example to make things a bit clearer:

After creating a purchase order in SAP, an email message for the order is generated to be sent to the vendor. This message is placed in the SAPOffice outbox from the user that created the purchase order. What I would like is that the message pending in the SAPOffice outbox is automatically transferred to the Outlook outbox of that user (not by sending the mail to the users e-mail address, but by synchronisation).

Up until SAPGUI 6.20, this option was standardly available, and could be activated during GUI installation. However, that possibility no longer exists. I know that it is possible still to do it, but I do not know how to.

Is there anybody that knows of this.

The system used is SAP ECC 6.0 with EHP4. We do not use XI/PI, but WebMethods as middleware client.

Regards,

Sjaak van den Berg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> After creating a purchase order in SAP, an email message for the order is generated to be sent to the vendor. This message is placed in the SAPOffice outbox from the user that created the purchase order. What I would like is that the message pending in the SAPOffice outbox is automatically transferred to the Outlook outbox of that user (not by sending the mail to the users e-mail address, but by synchronisation).

This is not possible by default, this would imply that the SAP system has access to the Exchange server and there would be a mapping from SAP user to ActiveDirectory user.

This wasn't also done in previous versions but you just displayed the SAP outbox using the MAPI client in Outlook, there were always two separate "mailboxes".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Indeed the MAPI client was what I was referring to. It is no problem to have two seperate mailboxes, I just want to use one client to handle the mail. Is there a way to still use MAPI like functionality? And most important, what are the possibilities using this.

Regards,

Sjaak

Answers (0)