Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating subform along with DATA

Shishir_P
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have Interactive Adobe form and I am trying to achive to replicate the sub form along with data. To understand my Problem one has to refer to standard structure HAP_S_PDF_DOCUMENT, this particular structure is used in standard form HAP_PDF_OFFLINE_FORM. As the name suggests this is an offline interactive form. This form can be downloaded from transaction PHAP_ADMIN provided the appraisal template has been configured in transaction PHAP_CATALOG.

I have built a form which is similar to the above form to be rendered in portal through ESS and MSS. This is the situation, now the main issue. The structure used in the form holds the data in the following pattern. At run time scripts at DATA level decides which fields are to displayed and which to suppressed based on the inforamtion/data stored in the these tables.

HAP_DOCUMENT (First Level Structure, HAP_S_PDF_DOCUMENT, 1st Level)

T_ELEMENTS (Table HAP_T_PDF_ELEMENTS in SAP R/3, 2nd Level) 

T_COLL_CELL (Table HAP_T_PDF_COL_CELL in SAP R/3, 3rd Level)

T_FIELD (Table HAP_T_PDF_FIELD in SAP R/3, 4th Level)

The " + " and " - " buttons are placed at the T_ELEMENTS level near the field NAME, when the user clicks on "+" , it is required that apart from adding the new instance the data and number of records in child tables should also be replicated to provide exact look and feel, the reason I say this is because adding mere instance adds blank records which are suppressed by the JAVA Script in the initialize event of the form. The Logic to be used is :-

1. Create a new Instance.

2. Clone the data of the existing record of T_ELEMENTS, I am assuming that underlying records in tables T_COLL_CELL and T_FIELD will also be cloned, please correct me if I am wrong.

3. Add the new record in the new instance right below the current index.

I know for sure that my answer is in JAVA script and probably in the CLONE method of JAVA script, however I have so far failed to achive this functionality and I am from an ABAP background and have limited knowladge of JAVA and this is definitely not a every day requirement. It is difficult to provide all the information, however if required I furnish more details for better understanding of the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Regards,

Shishir.P

dstjacques
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a similar situation where we have to replicate subform values to another subform.

When printing cheques, we often need to replicate some part of it.

Example:

Part 1 => List of invoices covered by the cheque

Part 2 => The cheque itself

Part 3 => Exact copy of part 1.

The major issue is when the number of incoice listed in part 1 is higher than the part 1 capability, the list will continue on the next page. Doing so, the part 3 is totally ignore by Adobe so remain empty.

Because it is a SAP Cloud form, we don't have access to the print program to reorganize the data.

So, the question is how can we replicate the part 1 to part 3 on all pages.

The link provided by Jagdishwar doesn't work anymore.

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>Shishir Paltanwale wrote

>>>I know for sure that my answer is in JAVA script and probably in the CLONE method of JAVA script, however...

if you would like to duplicate a subform using scripting at runtime, it can be done using instanceManager via scripting.

see the doucment: [LiveCycle Designer Scripting Basics|http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_basics.pdf]

in this document, see the sections:

Using the properties of the instance manager to control subforms

Using the methods of the instance manager to control subforms

regards,

BJagdishwar.