SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating patient master record and self payer - FI customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, All.

When I create a patient master record, I create a salf payer. The system then automatically creates the corresponding FI customer master record, but the system doesn't automatically create the corresponding SD customer master record.

In our project we use transaction BP for creating FI/SD customers. SO I can't to use transaction BP for creating SD customer-patient.

How to create SD customer-patient don't using transaction XD01?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank and regard,

Aleksandr.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr

I don't understand the second part of your question ... regarding the transaction BP.

Anyway, in fact, during admision, the system creates only the FI customer when activate the self payer flag.

This creation pass through 2 steps. One is the fill of the structure RNKNA1 that is done by the function module defined in transaction ONA0. The second step is a dynamic call asociated to the events DEB001 y DEB002 that is configured using the transaction ONK4. The event of the creation is asociated to the function module ISH_INSERT_FINANCE_DEB_R3_46A, this FM is a CALL Transaction to FD01 (Customer creation).

Even though this is considered a MODIFICATION, you could create your own function module to call the transaction for creation of debitors that you want and asociate it to the event DEB001

I hope it helps you.

With best regards

Matías

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr

I don't understand the second part of your question ... regarding the transaction BP.

Anyway, in fact, during admision, the system creates only the FI customer when activate the self payer flag.

This creation pass through 2 steps. One is the fill of the structure RNKNA1 that is done by the function module defined in transaction ONA0. The second step is a dynamic call asociated to the events DEB001 y DEB002 that is configured using the transaction ONK4. The event of the creation is asociated to the function module ISH_INSERT_FINANCE_DEB_R3_46A, this FM is a CALL Transaction to FD01 (Customer creation).

Even though this is considered a MODIFICATION, you could create your own function module to call the transaction for creation of debitors that you want and asociate it to the event DEB001

I hope it helps you.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hi Matías,

I am a SAP FI CO consultant and very new to Health Care Field.

I wanted to understand the integration concept between I-SH and Finance.

I need some clarification on the following points:

1) is it required to create an customer in FI when a patient walks in and register in the Hospital.

2) is customer creation is required for Self Payer / Insurance Company / Third Party.

Thanks & Regards

Sivaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matías.

1). About transaction BP.

In our project we use only the transaction BP for business partners, we don't use transactions FD01, FK01, XD01 ect (Our users have access only to the transaction BP). When we created patient master record (NP01), we have that patient is in the bussines partner and FI-customer/patient. How to create SD-customer/patient, if we use only transaction BP? ...... This can be done.

2). Thank you for your full answer. I think this will help us

Best regards,

Aleksandr.