cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is Create window instnce into External window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have small problem in creating window instace into new External window.

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo)wdComponentAPI

.getComponentInfo()

.findInWindows("AddressbookWindow");

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager()

.createWindow( windowInfo, true);

window.setWindowPosition(300, 150);

window.open();

wdContext.currentPopupElement().setWindowInstance(window);

This is the window instance But this winsdow instance I want to display in new external window .

How can i do it .

help me out.

Advance thanks.

Mandapati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswar,

I have a suggestion for you. Lets start off creating a new application which contains two different views View_1, View2. Create two windows Window_1, Window_2 and embed View_1 and View_2 respectively.

Let View_1 and View_2 contain a Button UI Element.

Create a dummy attribute in the comp_controller and map it to both the View controllers.

Create a submit() method for your View_1 button's onAction event.Create submit() method in your component controller.

Call comp_controllers submit() method from your View_controller's submit() method.

You have to declare the following code in your comp_controller within //@@begin others ** //@@end code

private IWDWindow excelLinkWindow;

write the following code in comp_controller's submit() method...

excelLinkWindow =

wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createModalWindow(

wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows(

"Window_2"));

excelLinkWindow.setWindowPosition(WDWindowPos.CENTER);

excelLinkWindow.open();

Create submit() method in View_2 and second_submit() method in comp_controller. Call second_submit() method from your View_2's submit() method.

write the following code in your second_submit() method.

if (excelLinkWindow != null) {

excelLinkWindow.destroy();

excelLinkWindow = null;

}

Now deploy and run your application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha ,

Thanks for ur suggession.

But not solved my problem.

Here What I am doing is ..getting the values from R/3 and putting those values into Pdf .

That PDF will be generate as ExternalWindow.

Any Other suggessions.

Mandapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Rao,

Did you solved your problame, yes you can't create through External window becuase when you call external window through URL so that means its created new instance, all Existing context values will be initialaized, the alternate method is just you send inovice number (unique) value as parameter to that URL, then again retrive back that data in that external window, it works.

if you have run time value 4 or 5 values you can send as perameters. its working for me.

but my problame is i need to send 150 runtime updated values.. how can i send through query string

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandapati,

The only way is to create separate WD application and use IWDWindowManager.createExternalWindow with URL to this application (so see WDURLGenerator API as well

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim Rashchynksi and VS.

Thanks For immediate response,

I have developed an application . In that I have one view that contains table of invoices .When i Click pirticular invoice record display an externalWindow with pdf invoicedata . I tried this for createWindow() method but this window doesnot contain Open,close and minimise symboles.

Here How can I generate The pdf Into new ExternalWindow.

Please help me out .

Thanks In Advance.

Mandapati.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandapati,

From where PDF content is comming? From R/3?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim Rashchynski ,

The PDF content is coming from R/3 system.

Thanks

Mandapati.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandapati,

Try this then,

final byte[] content = getPDFContentFromR3();
final IWDCachedWebResource resource = WDWebResource.getWebResource(content, WDWebResourceType.PDF);
try {
	final IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createExternalWindow(resource.getAbsoluteURL(), "Window title", false);

window.open();
} catch(Exception e) {
	wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(new WDNonFatalException(e), false);
}

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim Rashchynski ,

Here I Am using R/3 content but generating Pdf by using InteractiveForms.

That means When I click the Table Row Pdf(interactive) To be generated this for I am window instance.

Please to suggest me How to generate InteractiveformPDF windowInstance into new External window .

Advance Thanks .

Mandapati

Message was edited by: Mandapati Nageswara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

"<i>But Please to suggest me my problem is I am getting data from R/3 getting invoices in table and when i click the table row new External window will display the Pdf clicked Invoice.

For what can I do ."</i>

Can Please explain what do you mean ?

You are getting PDF's opened in new external window or not ? if it is getting displayed let me the the issue.

Regards,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

My problem is I am getting the Pdf in new window but That window doesn't have minimise and maximise and close buttons.

For creating this I am using Window Instance.

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo) wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getComponentInfo().findInWindows("PdfWindow");

IWDWindow window = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getWindowManager().createWindow(windowInfo,true);

wdContext.currentPopupElement().setWindowInstance(window);

window.setWindowPosition(500, 500);

//window.setWindowPosition(WDWindowPos.CENTER);

window.open();

I am using this code for generating the pdf into new window. not for external window.My pdf(interactive form is created in PDFView windowInstance).

Please suggest me this interactive form Pdf How can generate as A EXTERNAL WINDOW.

Suggest me.

Advance Thanks

Mandapati

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandapati,

Call createExternalWindow instead of createWindow. To call it externaly you need to create Application which is bound to "AddressbookWindow"`s interface view.

Check

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynksi.