Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Objects in Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have created a role, adding transaction MM01 first and maintained object M_MATE_BUK. Let say Activity: 01, 02, 03, 06 and 08.

Again i am adding a transaction code called MM02 and MM03 which will have the same auth object M_MATE_BUK with default values maintained like Activity: 01, 02, 03.

Now, i will be having three entries for the same object M_MATE_BUK which make my authorization tree little complicated. All i want to do now is remove the multiple entries. I do found a solution for this one while searching Julius Bussche WIKI's please correct my understanding.

**In SU24, maintain the proposal values (Object: M_MATE_BUK) to NO for the both the MM02 and MM03, i believe there won't be a multiple entries**

Thks

Karthick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are right, if you set the proposal value in SU24 to NO für MM02 and MM03 there will be no multiple entries. But this is the wrong way. If you have a role with MM03 only, M_MATE_BUK will no more come up but is still necessary in MM03.

Normally MM01 comes with activity 01. If you don't change this value the authorization will remain in status STANDARD. If you add now transactions MM02 and MM03 the activities 02 and 03 are automatically added to the already existing authorizations. There will be no multiple entries. But only authorizations in status STANDARD and MAINTAINED will be merged.

See also SAP note 113290.

Regards

Rainer

8 REPLIES 8

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are right, if you set the proposal value in SU24 to NO für MM02 and MM03 there will be no multiple entries. But this is the wrong way. If you have a role with MM03 only, M_MATE_BUK will no more come up but is still necessary in MM03.

Normally MM01 comes with activity 01. If you don't change this value the authorization will remain in status STANDARD. If you add now transactions MM02 and MM03 the activities 02 and 03 are automatically added to the already existing authorizations. There will be no multiple entries. But only authorizations in status STANDARD and MAINTAINED will be merged.

See also SAP note 113290.

Regards

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you merge the entries? on the left side of your screen for evvery authorization object you would see 4 icons. the first one shows the status (Yellow, Green or Red) the second one is for deleting the object, the third one that looks like a "rising sun behind the mountains" is for where-used list look up, and the fourth icon that looks like a bar chart, is for merging the objects - click on that and you will have only one entry

0 Kudos

If you can't see the merge icon change your settings with the menu Environment --> Settings

Remember: only authorizations with the same status can be merged.

0 Kudos

Rather don't change the standard authorizations which have been added automatically, simply set the 'unchanged' second and third authorization to 'inactive' to avoid readding at next merge process. Then only maintain the first authroization with the values required. Note: 113290.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Dear Rainer/ Shekar/Bernhard

Thanks for your reply. I tried all the ways as you all advised and everything is working fine and i am comfortable now.

Just want to know more, for MM01 i have maintained act as 01 and 02; whereas while adding MM02 later some time i have maintained act 03 and 04 for the same object M_MATE_BUK. Basically now i will have the object showing twice (I can't go for merging). In such cases can i go ahead and maintain all activity (01, 02, 03 and 04) in one object and delete the other one. If i do i believe the user still can use the all the above acitivity. Am I Right?

Thks

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting for reply

Edited by: karthcikeyan on Sep 16, 2010 3:21 PM

0 Kudos

If you delete the one authorization with an activity in it and the other field is an org. level, then the system will automatically pull it back in again.

However, you will probably never notice it in this case because it will merge the authorizations as well in expert mode. All you will see is that the standard authorization is updated but nothing changed.

The note mentioned by both Bernhard and Rainer explains everything. Just read it about 3 or 4 times and it will make sense

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure I will