cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs remain in status SCHEDULED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does anyone have an idea what to do when scheduled jobs which should run remain in status SCHEDULED instead of changing into RUNNING? The transaction run if started manually in the workbench.

I will restart MII but hoping to find another way to get the scheduler working. The system is MII 12.0.2.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Occasionaly my scheduler sticks, and I have to go through all my entries in the schedule editor and click "save". This works better than stopping and restarting the scheduler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

thanks for your reply.

Actually the save "trick" is the one that mostly cures those problems, but not in my case. The status is correctly set to PENDING after saving the job, but when started again, the job got stuck in status SCHEDULED instead of RUNNING. When I try to run the job directly from the Schedule Editor, it says it has run, but actually it didn't.

I have also tried to stop and start the scheduler, but no change.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

after some weeks without problems, the resource exception appears again, causing the jobs to remain in status SCHEDULED. That means they are not running. Does anybody know of a way to get the scheduler running again, without restarting MII?

@Jeremy, it's an old MII version, I know ... Actually the chance is good that we are upgrading to 12.1.7 this year. However, until then we have to get along with other existing system. Maybe someone has got an idea.

Michael

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what would happen if you had the scheduled jobs xml file from a configuration export and would re-import them.

Perhaps some sort of periodically scheduled NW restart would help in the time between your 12.0.2 upgrade.