Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time out issue for many users

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

many users reported us TIMEOUT issue in our system

we wanted to extract the report how many users were faced the same issue and why they have received 400 Session time out error.

what parameter needs to be adjusted in SRM to avoid the same problem

any help is appreciated and piece of information on this help .

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to see for how many users TIMEOUT dump has come then you can check the same in ST22 tcode and also in SM21.

The parameter for increasing the Time out value is rdisp/max_wprun_time where you can give the value. Also, I would like you to check if the Time out is coming when you are running any Z program or standard. If its any Z then check with your ABAPER's about fine tunning the same. Also, try to check the report by running it in background.

Regards,

Sharath

Edited by: sharath Babu on Sep 16, 2010 10:22 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

The error you are experiencing is caused by the icm/conn_timeout parameter being exceeded. You should increase this parameter to solve your issue. Also there are a number of other parameters that will cause the webdispatcher and ICM to close a connection.

Please refer to SAP Note [824554|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bc_cst/~form/handler%7b5f4150503d3030323030363832353030303030303031393732265f4556454e543d444953504c4159265f4e4e554d3d383234353534%7d] for additional information in webdispatcher and ICM timeouts.

Michael

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all

icm/conn_timeout parameter is applicable for all users - client level.

Are we encouraging users to open more than one ITS sessions ? like GUI sessions?

but we dont get DUMP for 400 time out issue for the users why?

muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Sep 16, 2010 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does not necessarily mean that the connection is actually timing out.

We had a similar issue with the Portal and how it communicated with SRM 7.

You may want to have your Portal Admin check into it to make sure all connection settings are correct.

Also, sometimes it helps to stop/restart the ITS services in SICF.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats the status of your ICM threads in SMICM?... depending on the number of connecting sessions you might have an overflow issue i guess

Regards

Juan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Green..

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Ok. So we dont know exactly why you are getting the 400 error. I would recommend that you increase the trace level of the ICM to 2 (SMICM -> Goto -> Trace level -> Set 2).

Then you can check for a user that is experiencing (via their IP address if its a direct connection to the ICM) and see exactly why the connection was closed.

If you wish you can attach the dev_icm trace with the IP address or timestamp of the issue and I will check.

Michael

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you are getting that error in a portal, bsp or similar as its a 400 error rather than a dump or screen error, so check your ICM parameters icm/keep_alive_timeout, icm/conn_timeout.

Regards

Juan