Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing a Service to the Registry - No Endpoint Warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I follow these steps,

1. I've created a web service that is stored in WAS.

2. I used wsnavigator (/wsnavigator) to test it and get the WSDL. (I copy the WSDL url), it's working fine.

3. I go to the Service Registry (/sr), and enter into the "publish" option.

4. I've pasted the url that I've copied in step 2.

5. I follow the wizard, but in the step "state" the state remains "Activated/Deployed" and I have a warning that says that it will not create endpoingtand I must change the state to "configured". But I dont have that option.

Where can I change that state to configured to be able to create an enpoint ?

Thanks & Regards

SU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SU,

A web service goes through stages. The state you're seeing is as a result of you missing some configuration work in SOAMANAGER for the web service. The message you're getting is just a warning as you can publish web services in the Service Registry without configuring an endpoint binding.

If you go to TCode SOAMANAGER & configure an endpoint binding for the web service it will change the state to configured.

Steps to follow under normal circumstances are:

- Create your web service in WAS

- Configure your endpoint binding/s in SOAMANAGER

- Then publish web service in Service Registry

People sometimes skip the second step when testing during development. There are a couple or reasons that one should do the endpoint binding, one is for security reasons where you don't want the actual web service endpoint publicly visible & another one one is to enable mutiple methods of authentication for your web service.

Regards, Trevor

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on Sep 16, 2010 9:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for your response.

I understand your steps when I want to use an ERP web service. In my case, the WSDL is not in the ERP, is in the SAP CE 7.2 and is who triggers a BPM process. So I think I can't use the SOAMANAGER transaction.

So the question, should be how can I generate the endpoint of a service in CE.

Regards

SU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SU,

Please provide a bit more detail of your scenario, paint a picture for me of the sequence of events.

Who is the service provider in your case? I understand that the BPM process & WSDL (design time) is in CE but I don't understand why CE would also be the service provider.

Regards, Trevor