cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a quote without a customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I am trying to create a simple quote using t-code (VA21). It doesn't let me save, without entering Sold-To-Party field. I searched old SDN postings and also on google, but couldn't find anything useful.

Is there a way to configure in such a way that Sold-to-Party is not a mandatory field.

Any suggestion/feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

You can try to do this via transaction VOPA.

There you can Indicates whether a partner function is mandatory in a particular partner object, such as the customer master, sales document, the item category.

I hope this information can help you.

regards

Ruy Castro

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same requirement i have faced.. simple way is create a dummy customer with dummy account group with out company code settings. now create the Quoation with that dummy customer(Prospect/ required naming conversion).

Client agreed

Hope it might be usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all the responses. I appreciate it a lot. But then I have another question based on the answers I got here.

In SAP, what is the fundamental difference between a prospect and a customer. And then can a prospect we used in the sold to party to add out a quote. Please let me know. I would appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Prospect is in the CRM related because of that dummy customer is used for telephone sales ,etc... It is turning on Sold to Party in ECC. Additioanlly, you should change account group for converting customer from prospect to sold to in ecc from xd02/xd07 t-codes.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I dont think you can create Quote with out Customer Sold to.

Create a one time customer and use that for all your Quotes.

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

There is no such process wherein you could enter a quotation without giving the Sold to Party (customer).

If you do not want to create a customer each and every time you could try creating one dummy customer and do all your quotations on that customer.

This will also later help you in reporting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Murtuza