cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing condition record Scales for width

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wanted your expertise, as we are trying to implement scale for a pricing condition as below. Please advise which scale type to be used I think we should use D as interval graduated scale, but my query is my width value stored in material master and once order read it should pick the price as per interval . Need to know when i select type D it should not do graduation in same sales order for other lines. I mean if order has two line item with same material and third line with different material. system should calculate first line price 0.09 and second line should also pick price 0.09 as width is within 0 to 1

third material should price 0.13

please advise how this is posible because i think gradutaion type adds previous line record value, which we don't want.

Mat 1 - 0.7 in

Ma t2 - 0.9 in

Mat 3 - 2.5 in

0.000 - 1.000 in 0.090

1.010 - 2.000 in 0.110

2.010 - 3.000 in 0.130

3.010 - 4.000 in 0.140

4.010 - 5.000 in 0.150

5.010 - 6.000 in 0.160

6.010 in 0.200

thanks

Niki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

Firstly, you should maintain "C" as scale basis and scale type should be blank in the condition type configuration from SD >> basic functions >> pricing >> pricing control >> define condition types.

After that, please go to VK11 t-code to create a condition record for your condition type. in that screen, please do GOTO >> Scales and maintain your pricing interval needed as below:

Scales quantity----

Amount

-

0----

-

1.010----

-

2.010----

-

3.010----

-

4.010----

-

5.010----

I hope this will work on this scenario.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maitained my condition type as C (quantity scale) for scale basis filed. I have kept the field scale type blank.

Now when I create record VK11 SELECTED - goto - SCALES --

UPDATED SCLAES

From FT 0.09 USD 1 FT

1.010 0.11

2.010 0.13

3.010 0.14

4.010 0.15

5.010 0.16

I do see scale type field coming as A - base scale in record even though we kept it blank in condition type.

Now when I create a sales order I see my condition value pulled as 0.16 where it is expected to pick 0.13 .

In summary I mean It is always picking the last scale value which is in our case 0.16.

I can I correct this to pick correct scale value.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the order quantity? and what is the unit of measure of the order quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My order has quantity 1 and sales unit of measure is PAC and material base unit of measure is FT. As if now maintained condition record scale in FT for the width.

in additional data of material we have unit convertion as below

1 FT Foot <=> 1 FT Foot 1.722 1.566 LB 1.000 FT

1,566 LB pound, US <=> 1,000 FT Foot 0.000 0.639 FT

3,600 PC Piece <=> 54,600 FT Foot 0.000 15.167 FT

100 PAC Pack <=> 54,600 FT Foot 0.000 546.000 FT

<=> FT Foot 0.000

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for promting I got my answer if I maintain the sales unit of measure in FT my price from scale is getting determined correctly.

My client wants me to maintain condition scale in INCH instead of FT so if I maintain my condition scale as below in inch do I need to add in material master additional data unit of measure conversion for INCH to FT

From 0.000 Inch 0.09 USD 1 inch

1.010 0.11

2.010 0.13

3.010 0.14

4.010 0.15

5.010 0.16

Question - in above if sclae is in INCH and sales unit is in PAC but material master base unit is in FT, how should I maitain material master addition unit of measure detail or do i need to maintain scale in FT.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look like you have to maintain the material master to add unit conversion between FT and Inch. After adding the conversion, check again to see if the rate is determined correctly if the scale unit is inch. If it is not working, you might want to talk to your ABAPer about developing routine for BaseTyp and/or CalType for the condition type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My width scale value 1.01/2.01/3.01 etc is pulled from MARA - Zfield so I have a doubt that above scale process is correct. As if now my sclae is set as Quanity scale but i don't think it is correct. as the scenario is Width is stored in material master as inches so it is not related to quantity. Please advise as my above set up of scales with scale type blank and scale basis C does not look correct.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advise do we need to use scale formula routine to pull the value from z field of material master or should we use alt calc. formula to achive this.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you order unit is PAC, and you set up scale for the condition type. It's similar to what I have done. First, you change the scale basis to G (using formula). You need to develop a routine, then populate the formula field with the routine #.

- The formula will read the width in the material master and assign it to field xkwert. At this step, you told the system the width that it uses to determine the scale value.

- Hopefully, that is all you need to to; otherwise, you will have to develop routines for CalType which you will convert order unit to inch, then multiple it with the scale value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is correct, Let me check whether we need Cal type routine set as finaly my condition value in transaction should be in material base unit FT.

I award ful points. Thanks for clarification, do let me know if it is posible to use Cal type for telling system to pick width from material master for scale and convert as finaly in to material base unit, instead scale formula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the access sequence for the record will not have material number so how does the system know from which material filed should be picked. I am thinking to put that as well in Cal Type routine to get material number from sales order than get the field from coresponding material, is there any better way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the calculation is based on material master data, you should have material as part of the access sequence. Even though this will cause you having to maintain lots of master data, but once you have done creating all the pricing condition records, you won't have to maintain it until something is changed. Otherwise, it will be complicated on the technical side because ABAPer have to determined the material from the sales order items. The rule is that you place all the criteria on the access sequence instead of writing code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not feasible to maintain on material master basis and even at group level as each material is different in our case for Z fields. Is there better option other than ABAP code to identify sales order line item material.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niki

Simply use B (To-scale).