cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of objects (rules, mitigating controls, etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding the AC import and export functionality.

When I export rules or mitigations, I get the txt file that I can open in excel. I see the table headers starting with "M" and the actual line items start with "D".

Is it possible to manipulate this file and e.g. just upload selected tables (e.g. just mitigating controls)?

I would like to use this for example to mass assign control monitors to mitigating controls...

I was not able to achieve this, since once I open the file in excel and I save it back to txt, the format looks different and AC refuses to read it...

Any tips & tricks are much appreciated!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I need to do mass-update, I only use the import-export feature. To use the feature properly, always open the file in notepad first. Take out the table you need to play with and then work with it in excel. Once you are done, save it back as text and upload the file. You can upload tables separately but make sure not to break the links between the tables.

I work on each table separately and then combine them same way in one text file before importing into RAR.

Cheers,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh...

When I open the file in txt directly, the breaks are indicated with the little square symbol... however once I open it in Excel and save it as txt, the "square symbols" are gone and the text is broken in many lines...

which format do you use?

And, I understand you correct that I do not have to upload all tables again... I can also just upload the tables where I performed changes, right?

Thanks

Edited by: Gert_2010 on Sep 15, 2010 9:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to save a table in text and then import the text file into excel. Once you are done, just save the file.

Yes, you can import the tables one by one.

Alpesh