Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated a Project to NWDI, Deployment aborted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I migrated an existing local Web Dynpro project to NWDI using this tutorial

Migrating Local Web Dynpro Projects

I can build the project via "Development Component -> Build". It doesn't throws any errors. The building function is working fine.

BUT, if I try to deploy the project by using "Development Component->Deploy" it throws the error "Deployment aborted"!

The error message doesn't help me a lot
Aborted: development component 'myMigratedApp'/'my.biz'/'LOKAL'/'0.2010.09.15.10.09.42'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application my.biz/'myMigratedApp.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application my.biz/'myMigratedApp. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: 	com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application my.biz/myMigratedApp. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

There aren't any special dependencies in the project. I just use the standard dependencies for a Web Dynpro DCs.

The project itself just contains usual Web Dynpro stuff. Nothing special.

NWDS: 7.0.18

Deploy engine: 7.0 SP18

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Thanks

-Klaudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please provide the related log files from the server where you deploy to?

The SDM logs are located in /usr/sap/.../SDM/program/log folder.

Please look for the DC name in the log files or check them by creation date to decide which files are relevant, as you'll find many log files in this folder.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Klaudio in advance, I really appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

First of all thanks for your help. The SDM logs helped me.

In the meanwhile I solved the problem.

Problem reason: I copied an existing Web Dynpro project to an DC. When trying to deploy following issue has been written in the logs

Failed to deploy the file '/mnt/data/.../usr/sap/.../j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/webdynpro/public/my.biz/myApplication/webdynpro/Components/biz.my.myApplication/myApplication.xml' into the database. Reason: Development Object 'local/myApplication' contains

already same repository content. Hint: fully qualified name of the repository VMO must be globally unique.

The problem occured because of an already deployed version of the application.

I had to rename the packages and the application name of my new project and then I was able to deploy.

Relevant SAP Note:

Relevant logs:

/usr/sap/.../SDM/program/log
/usr/sap/.../j2ee/cluster/serverX/log/services/webdynpro
/usr/sap/.../j2ee/cluster/serverX/log/services/deploy

Also check this thread:

Best regards

Klaudio

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Klaudio,

did you manage to solve the problem in the meantime?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for my delay. Right now I'm unfortunately very busy.

I'll provide you the needed informations (or the solution If I get it by myself) as soon as I get around to do it.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Klaudio,

one other question, I will also make this quick test, but can you please tell me what happens if you create a local standalone WD for java application project, and without doing any change on it (i.e. on the layout of it you'll have just the DefaultTextView) and then you attempt to reproduce the migration steps as per the same guide?

Does this scenario work?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin