cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP: Model "Unloading Point" calender in SCM/APO - Best practise ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

using GATP brings the question of how to model the Customer DeliveryDate calculation (LFDAT) if customers have an unloading point calendar.

Following scenario:

- In R3 you can maintain in the customer master of the ship-to party a so-called "Unloading Point" calendar which is being used during SD-ATP check to determine corect Customer DeliveryDate at customer side according to this calendar.

- In SCM we don't have the customer master data (and we don't want to create thousands of locations of type 1010 just for the sake of being able to have an unloading point calendar)

Questions:

Assuming we would use normal Transportation and Shipment Scheduling (via condition tables for PICK, LOAD etc.) ... is there a way of telling the system to calculate a Customer Delivery Date referencing something similar to what R3 has as "unloading point" calendar ? And, even if we CIF the customer master data to SCM - is GATP "Transportation and Shipment Scheduling " using the Receiving Calendar from the location master or would this require an UserExit/Modification anyway ?

Regards

Thomas Schulze

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

No worries, the scheduling in SCM is reading the data (calendar and times) of the unloading point directly from R/3. An RFC call happens to read the customer master data (unloading) in R/3 for the ship-to and this data is used to calculate the LFDAT.

So no need to transfer the master data of all your ship-to to the SCM system, just if you want to work with transportation lanes in the scheduling.

best regards,

Michael

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for the answer. I still know this being a major gap in SCM3.0/3.1 but it seems SAP has addressed this in the releases afterwards. And by the way ... good to have somebody from the "headquarter" in the forum here ;-).

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

I'm just reading your answer and I would like to know if you have information concerning the scheduling in SCM based on the Unloading point defined at customer level in ECC?

I'm asking you that because today we have ECC and APO (Using GATP). On ECC side, an unloading point is defined at customer level in order to determine the goods receipt date and time. On APO side, I figured out that the table /SAPAPO/TSTROBJR contains Time streams SAPXXXX with the unloading points information coming from ECC but the Calendar field is always empty. Nevertheless, the factory calendar is well maintained in the customer master.

I don't know if this is the reason of my issue, but during the GATP, the system cannot read the Time Stream Id from table SAPAPO/TSTROBJR... The Time Stream source field is always empty.

Did you ever meet this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Though this question is for Michael, I would like to share my view on this because I have worked on similar scenario.

In case of unloading point calendar maintained in customer master in ECC, system behavior during gatp check in APO is different in case of forward and backward scheduling.

1. In case of forward scheduling:

It respects the unloading point calendar during gatp check in APO and proposes a delivery date (LFDAT) in accordance with the calendar. The table SAPAPO/TSTROBJR would also contain calendar .

2. In backward scheduling:

It only gives a warning, but need not respect the unloading point calendar maintained in ECC and hence you would not see an entry in SAPAPO/TSTROBJR.

Kindly try above and you'll see the difference.

Also, if you want route and shipping point calendar to be respected, you can separately maintain time stream ids for them in SCM.

Thanks & Regards

Snehil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Snehil,

Thanks for your input. I tried two scenarios in Forward and Backward scheduling and I have exactly the same result... The system doesn't find the generic Time Stream Id.

In the table SAPAPO/TSTROBJR, I found well my generic Time stream Id for the Ship-to but the factory calendar field is empty. Do you know if this field must be empty or must contains the factory calendar as maintained on ECC side in the customer master?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

I also observed the same. I maintained an unloading point calendar- "Z*"of only Thursday in ECC. When I look at the table SAPAPO/TSTROBJR in APO, I can only see the generic time stream id attached to my ship to but no factory calendar- "Z*".

This is standard behavior of SAP for both backward and forward scheduling, but system does respect the unloading point calendar in case of forward scheduling. Refer below example:

Stock of 50 as on date (3.12.2013)

unloading point calendar of "Thursday"

Pick time of 1 day

Route duration of 2 days

1. Forward scheduling scenario:

order qty: 30

RDD of 3.12.2013

System gives a warning message: No goods accepted on 3.12.2013, next possible date is 05.12.13

System again gives a warning message: No goods accepted on 6.12.2013, next possible date is 12.12.13

After ATP check in APO:

confirmed MAD: 9.12.13

loading date:     10.12.13

GI date:            10.12.13

Delivery date:   12.12.13  (Thursday)

unloading date:   12.12.13

2. Backward scheduling scenario:

In case of backward scheduling, system doesn't respect the unloading point calendar while giving the confirmed delivery date but the unloading date is as per the unloading point calendar maintained in customer master in ECC. Refer below example:

order qty: 30

RDD of 7.12.2013 (Saturday)

System gives a warning message: No goods accepted on 3.12.2013, next possible date is 05.12.13

System again gives a warning message: No goods accepted on 7.12.2013, next possible date is 12.12.13

After ATP check in APO:

confirmed MAD: 4.12.13

loading date:      5.12.13

GI date:             5.12.13

Delivery date:   07.12.13  (Not a Thursday)

Unloading date:   12.12.13   (Thursday)

Conclusion: So, even if there is no factory calendar- "calendarid" appearing in table SAPAPO/TSTROBJR in APO, system won't respect unloading point calendar in case of backward scheduling, but it will respect unloading point calendar in case of forward scheduling.

Hope this will clear your doubt. Kindly try this and let me know in case of any concerns.

Thanks & Regards

Snehil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehil,

First of all thank you for the time you spent on this question. Based on your comments, I will try this afternoon to test again the forward scheduling. Do you know how and when the Table SAPAPO/TSTROBJR is updated on APO side?

Kr,

JP

Answers (0)