Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

ECC 6

Please help me in the following situation:

Doubt in SD and the integration with MM/ Batch

Here we have several types os Materials that are grouped at Material Group

For a one specific Material of Material Group (MARA-MATKL), the rule is:

I MUSTSELL the same WAY I BOUGHT (quantity and Units).

I mean: If company buys 2 Bags of 10kg each from material FERT01 (that belongs Material Group = FE0001).

Those materials FERT01enter in Stock in a specific Batch.

When I sell this material FERT01, I HAVE TO SELL:

- 1 quantity of material FERT01 with 10kg

- or 2 quantities of material FERT01 with 10kg each

I CAN NOT sell: 1 quantity of material FERT01 with 5kg

or I can't sell: 2 quantities of material FERT01 with 5kg each

or I can't sell: 4 quantities of material FERT01 with 5kg each

Where in SAP I can link this situation: To SELL (SD) the same way (quantity and units) I bought (MM)?

Many thanks,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what is the base unit of measure maintained for this material in material master.

You can try to use the fields sales unit and delivery unit fields in the mateiral master ->Sales:sales org1 tab to fulfill the requirement.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I haven't replayed this answer before.

Thanks for the answers. It helpd a lot to find a solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barbara

Interesting situation.

I don't think you can handle this with config or master data alone. Because you may specify sales units in Sales view and Order Unit in Purchasing view, that doesn't still stop you from receiving or selling in different Units. Secondly you need to identify a batch or lot ( how they came in) of goods received and ensure they are sold smae way.

Here is what I propose you do:

1) Use batches during sales order entry. You got to do this. User may enter batch for the item. Don't go for batch split during order. So if the order quantity can be supplied from 2 batches, enter 2 items with item quantity matching available batch quantity and so on. You may have some ATP issues to deal with. But that's a different story.

2) While creating batch, enter the receiving Unit Of Measurement/s as a characteristic in batch classification. For example, you may mention is as "BAG". I am assuming Bag is a standard one and its conversion to Base Unit Of Measurement (Kg) is maintained in the material master/Basic Data/ Addition data/ Units of measure tab. If it is not standard and you may receive a bag with 50 Kg today and 25 kg tomorrow from the vendor, then you need to maintain the conversion factor also as a characteristic in the batch.

3) Once user enters material, quantity and batch with order sales Units and tries to save, employ user exits to compare order unit to batch unit and if they don't match issue an error. The likely user exits you can use are:

Program MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE or USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

Hope this helps you. Let me know how you are going to proceed.