cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found HU/SU during WM physical inventory

0 Kudos

Hi all,

question: how to put found HU into count results during inventory when storage location is under HUM and WM? I get message "Determination of HUs not supported in inventory" when try to put in existing HU number into field "Storage Unit"

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the HU number within the correct number ranges?

Frenchy

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, numbering looks fine - SSCC and this example I've got in IDES in HU00 storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir.

Did you find a solution for your problem?

I'm in the same situation that you have described.

How can I consider a new HU in the storage bin, even if it does not exist in the system? And if the HU exists, but it isn't in that storage bin?

Thank you in advance.

Viviana

Edited by: ConsViv on Oct 13, 2010 3:22 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Viviana,

my understanding - seems that no chance to clear bin differencies for new found HUs in the same manner like for pure SUs.

So, for found existing HU the system issues message about storage bin where mentioned SU is located. Means you need to check and decide either count results are wrong and recount that, or if not, then move this SU into inventoried bin in the system and count again (unfortunately it's possible only after bin clearing).

If found HU/SU is a new one, then you need to create in the system new HU through packing dialog, put it into stock and then move it again into inventoried bin and count it.

Genarally speaking It means that for found HUs you have to clear bins manually (that is moving it into bin where it was found) and raise inventory again with proper stock in the system.

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Could you explain which steps you perform in SAP in order to create a new HU for this process?

You mentioned you create it through packing dialog, but I'm curious to know the exact steps.

I'm having the same issue in my system so I'd like to know which process to follow.

Thanks & regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just tested this in our test system and after creating a count for a storage bin I entered material/batch/qty etc and it asked me for the SU number

If I entered annexisting one it told me that it already existed in another bin so I entered a new one and I gad no problem

The SU of course needs to be the correct number range/lenght etc

I hope that this helps

Grenchy

0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

thanks for your answer. Please check, is your storage location under HUM control. I guess what you tested, normally it works under WM without HUM, where it's possible to assign new SU number or use old numbers. But with HUM I'm getting this strange error and franlky speaking it's unclear how to process new found HU/SU during inventory.

Vladimir