cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build the active DCs in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

lets say I have checked out several inactive DCs to my NWDS workspace. I've some open activities and one committed/closed activity. Is it possible to build the currently active DC (with the one closed activity) from DTR and not the inactive one in my workspace?

I've tried to build some DCs in the "Active DCs" tab under the DC perspective. But that did not work. After I uploaded the application to the portal server all changes I've done were not present.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find the CBS webui here:

http://<host>:<port>/devinf -- CBS

This is the task of the NWDI adminsitrator. Please turn to your NWDI admin for details.

! Regarding checking out from the active workspace I regret to inform you that this was not a good idea. Please do not checkin but revert that activity.

In this workspace you musn't checkout any files, to this workspace only the CBS has write authorization in case of a succesful activation of an Activity.

You have synced the component from active workspace, this workspace is reserved for CBS hence Developer Studio tells you that you can't modify this workspace. Sync your DC you want to modify from the inactive workspace (e.g. in Development Configuration perspective sync sources for your DC from the view "Inactive DCs") then you should be able to checkout.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that the active workspace is read only. I don't want to write to the active workspace. I just checked it out, to build the active state of the workspace not to modifiy it. I only make changes to the inactive workspace that I checked out earlier.

I looked into the cbs web ui and started a build of the workspace. I will look into this later.

Thanks for your help.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you activate, a central build takes place and that case the active workspace will be used for the build.

You can also trigger Build on a DC in the CBS webui, which is again building the active workspcace. You can trigger build for the whole compartment, or for an arbitary DC. The first one you can do in compartment view for the entire compartment, the second one can be triggered again in the CBS webui after selecting the DC (for this you can again get to via the compartment view).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the answer. I don't know where the CBS Web UI is: On the NWDI webserver frontend I've got following options:

SAP Library

Web Services Navigator

System Information

UDDI Client

User Management

Web Dynpro

SQL Trace

SAP NetWeaver Administrator

but nothing with CBS. Oh I forgot to mention, I've a very old version of the NWDS: 2.0.9

But I kinda solved my problem. I just checked out the project a second time (now from the active tree). Now I can build only the active version of the project.