cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new keyfigures to active planning area SCM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I wantt to add additional keyfigures to the active planning area in DP .We are using SCM 7.0 and iam aware thet we can do it either by right click on planning area -->Change Keyfigure settings.

I have couple of questions.

1.The planning area in DEV and QA consists the additional keyfigures required by the business and not in Production,if i transport the request from QA to Production what will be the impact,and one more point here in Production there are additional keyfigures which are not in QA.When i move the Request from QA to Production wiill there be any impact of keyfigures which are already in production.

2. By using the program /sapapo/ts_lcm_parea_change2 do i need to take planning area backup . Some suggest to take backup and some suggest to directly add keyfigures.Which is the best way without loosing existing data ,is it recommended to do directly in production.

Please reply with the possible best options whether to retransport the request or directly add keyfigures to planning area.

Regards,

Dhanunjay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If working with SAP SCM 5.0 or higher you don't need to deactivate the Planning Area.

Directly add the new key figures by going to the planning area Extras-Key Figure Settings

Regards

Dam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar,

First of all, apologies to jump in to the middle of the thread with a question. It seemed more appropriate here.

I am working on SCM 5.0. Would there be any reason for this 'Key Figure Settings' option to be greyed out?

1. I have 3 different SNP PA's and for one of them the 'Key Figure Settings' option is active and for the other 2 PA's it is greyed out...no specials here...all the three of them are copies of the same standard SNP PA

2. Even for the PA for which it is active, when i try to add a KF with this option without deinitializing the PA, it is throwing up a strange error "Planning object structure ID Z9SNPFCS is invalid". But the POS connected to this PA is 9ASNPBAS...Any ideas why this Z9SNPFCS is coming up?

Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please run the comnsistency check for MPOS and try

Regards

Dam

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanunjay,

I am also trying the same. When I try to transport the planning area to QA, newly added keyfigure was not transported into QA system.

Please let me know whether you deactivated the Planing area in QA and moved through transport request ?

Even in development deactivated the planning area, added the key figure and send to QA. it didn't works.

It looks we have to deactivate the QA planning area before move the Planning Area from Dev to QA. For this approach we need to have back up and can proceed.

Now directly added the new key figure in QA and send only the Planning book with newly added keyfigure from DEV to QA.

It is working nicely in QA. But still not yet added the new keyfigure in production. But as per current trial, everything works fine in QA.

For any approach having a backup is always best.

You have mentioned there are difference between DEV/QA and Production Keyfigures. I am not sure but If you move the Planning area through transport request it will move the keyfigures only in the DEV/QA keyfigures. So I believe this impact the keyfigures which are not in production.

As in SCM 7.0 we have option to add the key figure without deactivating planing area, it is better directly creating keyfigure in production. Next week I am going to try in production. If the thread open at that time I let you know

Regards,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhanunjay,

If you have KFs with data existing in Production. I would suggest two options.

1. If you do not want to take a back up of PA, then do not use the transport option, add the KFs in production

2. If at all you want to use the transport path, then I would suggest you take a Back up and then move forward.

Also you can think you do not have time constraints. Use this as a good opportunity to get started with having a successful Back up process in place, since, anytime in future you want to transport PA related changes, you will be presented with same issues time and again. For future enhancements too, this will come a useful tool.

Hope this helps,

Hari Vomkarey