cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Navigator : StartWith Property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was using the date bnavigator UI element and I have bound my StartsWith property with a context attribute of type "D" and setting the value to sy-datum on WDINIT of the view.

But at run time when i am moving from one month to the next it was not working properly the valse are generatin random for the year and i was getting the erro called invalid date.

Then I set this property to some date value at design time instead of binding this to a attribute the it starts working fine.

When I looked in the help.sap.com I found these lines for this property.

Can any one let me know why we cannot bound this property to a attribute.

● startsWith

Start date, start of the displayed date range.

This property can be personalized by an administrator.

This property, which does not have to be bound, can be changed by the client.

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Pradeep.

About date navigator, usually i used it so many times. And bind the "StartWith" property with one context attribute typed "D", it works fine, no any mistake occurs in my work..

So, i am confused why it is not okay for you?? and why random value??

So, i suggest you debug your WD, go to check the property value "start with" in the action handler.

If you resolved it, also please let us know why and how..

Best wishes.

saravanan_a
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rather than going for date navigator. better go for an input field.create a node in context with any attribute of type D and in view.bind that attribute to inputfield's value.Run ur application automatically calendar control wil be displayed near input box.Try this out and tell me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. But my requirement was something different which was not fulfilled by standard calendar help that`s why i have used date navigator.

While implementing i get this problem so I asked if any one can tell me what excatly that means.

Thanks

Pradeep