cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event based jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please let me know how the jobs are run based on event.I know that when u schedule the job u get the option to select the event but how to create the event.

My requirement is one job shoud start based on success of another job and the success of this another job should create event so how let me know how to create the event so that I can put this in condition.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created the job in sequence.

I didn't use the EVENT concept.

Prabhat

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

As I already said we have two options,

1. Create two steps in the background job. If the first one failed second step program wouldn't start.

2. In process chain you can define two steps and in the link you can select the option "...successful" to ensure the successful completion of first job will trigger the second one.

Are you going to schedule custom programs and want to trigger only through the program ?

If so, 1. create event in SM64 transaction

2. Use the function module BP_EVENT_RAISE in the first program to trigger the event on successful completion.

3. Create job with the event for the second program.

Hope clear to you now.

Regards,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will suggest to use the Process chain for scheduling your all the jobs in sequence. This will give you more flexibility and more control while scheduling the job. You can also decide the job completion condition when the next job has to be triggered. Its also easy for monitoring.

Please find below the more information regarding process chain and scheduling.

http://www.bwarea.com/2009/06/sap-bw-process-chains-automation-and.html

Thanks

Amol

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

We can create events in SM64 Transaction. Event is a simple name like job. You have to assign the created event in the job and keep in release status. So whenever you want you can execute the from SM64 directly without going to search the job again in SM37.

For your case, you can create job with multiple steps which will run in consecutive sequence and successful execution. One more options is try to use the process chain.

Hope this helpful.

Regards,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravan for your help,

so u r saying that we can't trigger event automatically.

We have to trigger it manually.

Rgds,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat,

Events can be triggered by a program. Exactly how do you wish to trigger events?

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/44/c00d729e013959e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

My requirement is one job should start only based on successful completion of another job else it should not start.

This will ensure the success of my requirements.

Is it possible to do this by using events? or any other way.

I have to schedule the job in way that no any job should start before success of it's previous job or another job.

If I am using the event concept then the success of one job should create event and this event I can give in the condition.

Rgds,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat,

The easiest way to manage that problem is to place all of the steps into a single job. If one step fails, then subsequent steps will not be processed. Create a multistep job using SM36.

You can also use the technique you described. You can place steps one/two/three in the first job, and then have the fourth step execute a program that generates an event. The event in turn will trigger a subsequent job.

I don't believe that there is a standard SAP program that will, in batch, generate an event (maybe some of the other experts know of one) but your ABAPer can quickly create a job that executes function module BP_EVENT_RAISE.

Best Regards,

DB49