cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to put second tape and continue the backup If remote session lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please let me know how I give u201Ccu201D for continuing the backup to second tape if I lost my previous remote desktop session to Sun solaris server where I executed the backup command (brbackup u2013c u2013m all u2013t online -d tape -p initSID.sap ).

Note : If the session exists, then it asks to press u201CCu201D for continue the backup to second tape. So actually the problam comes if i lost my remote session.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you loose your connectivity from the machine where the command is initialed, the command is cancelled. Means your backup will be cancelled.

You can use option -nohup to run the command in the background.

Best Regards,

Sriram.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

Thanks for the response but I still have the problem and let me explain my problem more clearly, normally my SAP online backup takes 15 hours to complete and two LTO3 tapes are required for this. So if I execute the brbackup command from the solaris server without closing the terminal where I initiated the command, then it started to backup and if first tape filled then it asks me to put the second tape and type the u201Ccu201D for continuing the backup. So the problem is if I do this from any other pc using remote desktop and loose the connection before putting the second tape then I have no any option to continue the backup and it ends without asking second tape. Even I use nohup option and if connection lost before asking second tape then there is no any option to continue the backup to second tape.

Hope you will give some favorable reply

Thanks in advance.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you lose your connection, you are doomed. you cannot get the session back, and thus, cannot type C to continue.

I hope this is clear enough.

Answers (0)