Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block release of Network unless wbse is released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client want some change in the process as:

They want that Release of network should be blocked unless its WBSE is released.

Is there any other way than User Status as we already have so many user statuses and system is already in production.

Thanks & Regards,

Harsh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think this is possible in Std. SAP. You should go for development.

Just check this BADI WORKORDER_UPDATE, make use of the method AT_RELEASE, may be you can write a small code to check the corresponding WBSE is released or not before releasing the network. Check with your ABAPer and I have not used this BADI before, its just only my suggestion.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes here development is only option

User status is rule out because it will be not possbile to corealteduser status between two diff. objects.

Validation - alwlays automatically trigger at save or you need to manaully or by some program trigger when you set REL on netwrok in orderto check but this will be be also development.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all!

I managed to convince the client to settle with the current system as requirement is not possible via configuration & customized development will make current more complex.

Thanks & Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Sep 24, 2010 6:36 PM

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please discuss with your Basis/ securities consultant & find out if there is any object that controls "Lock" functionality in CJ20N.

If there a authorization object available for "Lock", then you can try following suggestion:

User can lock the network (Edit->status->Lock->All).

Once WBSE is released, then unlock the network.

Create a role for locking & unlocking the Network & assign this to a person, who is going to control this.

Note: You need to remove/ disable the authorization object (for locking & unlocking the Network) from all other roles.

Let us know, if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't find any authorization objects for lock or for release.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

have you checked the validation functionality, which is available for network header as well. From the purpose of the validation, it should be possible to do the check your business required.

See customizing under project system -> structures -> operative structures -> network -> maintain validations .

Please see the online document beside the 'maintain validations'.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But, the validation will be checked when you save your data, not when you release the network.