cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP response time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are running ECC5 on SQL2005 we have 200 gb of database size, now a days we r getting performance issue on server...

Approximate 100user are using login on server, we have application server also. When i check smlg i got 20,920ms response time.

i have 16GB ram on both server application & database server also.

Please advice with to do on performance tuning

Regards,

Hiten Modi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiten,

Please check the ST02 (Swap Space), if swaps are not in red.

For performane tunning there are certain steps:

SM50 - Monitor the process, if any process is running for longer time.

ST03N - Current workload

SM37 - Background running or long time

Check the network also.

DB13 - Perform DB Check daily and read the log in details, Perform Update Stastics on weekly basis and rebuild indexes if missing index is there.

And best way to raise an Early Watch request with SAP Support and after Early Wath Report apply changes on your system.

Best luck.

Lokendra

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Review SAP note 88416.

Have you set PHYS_MEMSIZE ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiten,

Check SM04 - see if anyone is tying up a large amount of memory

Check SM50 - see if there are a lot of processes running or any long running processes (batch jobs, reports etc)

Check ST06 - see if you have any disks showing high utilisation

Check ST04 - see if the database is running out of space or autogrow function is set too low - also check the transaction log to see what is happening with that.

You should also check the server paging file is on a different drive to the database or OS. We've also found that having the transaction log on the same drive as the database can cause performance issues.

Also, it is work seeing if you have any other software running on the relevant sever - anti-virus, scheduled tasks, updates etc.

I would highly recommend the training course ADM315 - it covers a lot of what you need to know to help improve performance

Regards

Tony

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are running ECC5 on SQL2005 we have 200 gb of database size, now a days we r getting performance issue on server...

All of a sudden?

> Approximate 100user are using login on server, we have application server also. When i check smlg i got 20,920ms response time.

> i have 16GB ram on both server application & database server also.

So you have two machines?

Check memory usage, database cache, long running jobs etc.

Also check http://service.sap.com/performance

Markus