cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy (refresh) from QAS to PROD : allowed ? supported ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of installing a NEW BI 7.01 landscape (NW 7.01, Oracle 10.2.0.4, HP Itanium).

The QAS environement has been isntalled a few while ago, developers have been working on it, created transaction and master data, etc ...

The PRD enviromment has just been installed from scratch, It isn't yet used at all.

I have been asked to perfrom a refresh (system copy) from QAS to PRD. Indeed, it will take too much time to transport between QAS->PRD, and many adjustements would be required afterwards especially regarning the master data.

I'm quite uncomfortable with this kind of unusal refresh QAS--> PRD, I almost certain that I have read some sap notes stating that this kind of operation is not supported by SAP, and that we may loose SAP support, but I cant' find these notes anymore ...

Since, PRD is not yet in productive mode, do you think that this kind of operation is allowed by SAP ? Is there any sap documentation dealing with this problematic ?

thank you very much for your answer.

regards.

Raoul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would definetly say no for this approach of system copy from QAS to PROD even though production system is fresh. Especially for BI environment where the back end will be connected to various other systems like ECC, CRM etc. Now since it is fresh system you are saying this then what about after go-live. For example BI quality will be connected with ECC or CRM quality as backend and data will be loaded and when you do a system refresh of BI Quality with BI Production which should be connected with ECC or CRM production as backend then it would be a problem in that case.

How long time it might take for transporting but go with this approach of transports only. Configure the STMS and do the transport accordingly.

And also dont you have any DEV system. You have mentioned in your post that developers are working in Quality system?

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Although the thread is closed, I couldn't resist but respond. If your Production System is still NOT LIVE (means if SAP haven't yet run the GOING LIVE Check session on it to mark it as productive system.

I do not see any issue with this, please raise an OSS message with SAP and ask their opinion, do not forget to inform them that your production kit is still not LIVE.

Regards,

Siddhesh