cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview Question - regarding Inquiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inquiry is a non binding information, It has detail abt the item and the quantities requested by the customer.

Inquiry is what the customer inquires abt product to the help desk executive.

The question is: If a customer inquires abt the product say X to the help desk executive. The executive does not aware abt the product the customer inquires. The system also not picking the product in the name X ( customer specified name). The product may or may not available. How the executive has to go abt in taking the Inquiry?

Pls kindly advice me on the question

regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In the item detail entry of va01 there should be a column for the customer material number. If you enter the customer material there it will bring up the SAP material number.

Also the drop down list box for that field will allow you to search for the customer's materials. (This all assumes you have

the customer material numbers setup in the knmt table 'logistics / sales & dist / master data / agreements')

Also we can check SAP material no based on customer materila no in KNMT table

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, there's no customer material record for the product X ( customer specified name)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As per my knowledge that is the only way that help desk executive discuss with the customer. If HCL interviewer is not satisfied means....i don't think is there any other ways...

Wish you all the best..

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Its where CMIR( Customer material info record ) comes into the picture. If the Help desk executive doesn't know the p[roduct which the customer enquires then he has to check the CMIR. Click on ordering party tab and enter the Customer material information and press enter so that system will pick up the material no which is ln the system.

Another op[tion here is If the customer material info was not aware by the help desk executive then he needs to go for alternative materials for the same material needs to be explained. Thats where Material determination comes into picture in SAP.

I hope it will help you.

TRegards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the reply.

I Have told them the same thing. But they said its not picking up in CMIR. What else the executive will do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

He needs to show the similar materials, otherwise he will collect the customer details. Later he will check the product details and he will contact the customer over the phone and he can complete the transaction. Its just Pre sales activity.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everthing I have told the HCL Interviewer, but still the HCL guy has not get satisfied.

Thanks a lot for replying me.

Reagrds

ram