SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Automatically checked in mid year for budget Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client wants to do budget transfers from fundcenter to another.

As, we have not checked the automatic release check in the budget profile, it used to give error when transferring the released budget.

So, i have checked the automatic release check box now.

Can anybody explain me or list out possible impact and if there are any scenarios where the control on the budget amount is jeopardized.

thanks

Jaya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you automated the release of the budget for the whole system (and not for specific fund, for example), then the whole concept of releasing budget is basically meaningless. Apart from this, there is no other impact on the system.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you automated the release of the budget for the whole system (and not for specific fund, for example), then the whole concept of releasing budget is basically meaningless. Apart from this, there is no other impact on the system.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We are using former budgeting only and we donot have the concept of Fund at all. we are only posting budgets periodically and using them.

regadrs

jaya

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... Well, as I mentioned, if you automatically release the budget with its posting, why do you need release at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Sorry if i am not clear.

1. We are using former budgeting and we are not having the concept of Fund at all.

2. we are posting budgets period wise and releasing them till date for utilisation.

3. Now, When Business wanted to transfer Budget amounts from one Fund center to another , they are getting error as " Annual Budget for payemnts less than annual release.

4. So, i suggested to chnage the config in OF12and checked the Box "Automatic Release". So, the Thru FR58, the funds transfer are possible.

5. Now, i want to know, if there are any scenarios where the control on the budget amount is jeopardized.

i am unable to think any,

can you help me?

regards

Jaya

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, indeed it was misunderstanding from my side...

Well, I don't see any problem if you choose 'automatic release in the middle of the year'; it simply will mean that every movement in the unreleased budget will be followed by the correspondent entry for released budget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank U Eli.