cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nullpointer exception in SAP code (RFC model related)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some threads have already been opened on this issue, but none of them give me a solution.

The problem is that a Nullpointerexception is thrown when I create a new Input element (to bind it to the input node of my rfc model).

As you can see in the stack trace, the nullpointerexception is thrown in SAP code.

This happens for all function modules I've created myself (even the simplest ones with no parameters/no code), but for the SAP BAPIs it works???

So this is not an issue related to Javaconnectors/my java code because it works for BAPIs (I'm doing exactly the same).

I've already restarted the J2EE server, recreated the whole application, tested with new applications (to avoid any caching problems) but nothing works.

I've been trying to resolve this issue for several hours without success. It's really frustrating.

Any help appreciated!

Jeroen

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.AiiModelClass.createNewBaseTypeDescriptor(AiiModelClass.java:220)
	at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.AiiModelClass.descriptor(AiiModelClass.java:186)
	at com.eozen.aif.ce5solman.Z_Jver_Create_Infosheet_Input.<init>(Z_Jver_Create_Infosheet_Input.java:51)
	at com.eozen.jver.aif.Infosheets.wdDoInit(Infosheets.java:98)
	at com.eozen.jver.aif.wdp.InternalInfosheets.wdDoInit(InternalInfosheets.java:181)
	at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.doInit(DelegatingComponent.java:95)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suddenly realized there is one last option and it works: I managed to sidestep the problem by doing the rfc via an R/3 SAP system that forwards the call to the CRM system. (The CRM 5.0 system is the one causing the nullpointerexception).

Maybe some incompatibilities between J2EE/WDP SP14 & CRM 5.0?