cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Office Integration with Easy DMS?

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

we use the Desktop Office Integration with File-Property Technology to display document properties within MS Word.

This works quite good, if the original was opend via SAP GUI.

But if we open a document in SAP Easy DMS, the properties will not be transfered.

Why? Is Easy DMS not able to do this?

Many Greetings from Düsseldorf/Germany

Daniel Kasimirowicz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for this hint. I tried to implement this way succesful.

I just wonder at the different behaviors between Gui and EasyDMS. They use different attributes to transfer the data.

And configuring the attributes in the current user section of a local registry is very inconvenient. But that is not your fault or are you an EasyDMS developer?

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I think there is a change in the way document key is represented in SAP GUI and EasyDMS, but that should be only for document key and not for classification. Or am i wrong?

I think your implementation may not be the best one, as you may not need to configure any entries in CURRENT USER section to achieve property tranfer. You may use other means to implement property exchange without entries in CURRENT USER section that works on both EasyDMS and SAP GUI?

Am I a EasyDMS developer?

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

I just followed Note 1444113 and there the key "MapClassToProp" is mentionend. Does it work without this key?

And one general question: Do the document attributes in Word really have to exist before it is opened from EasyDMS? I guess SAP needs a "target" to transfer the data, or?

Thanks for response!

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

There are two ways to achieve this functionality. One is to use MapClassToProp and MapPropToClass.

Other way is to match property name in the file with the classification name of the property(eg:- in CT04, not the display name) and for document key use DOCUMENTNUMBER, DOCUMENTTYPE, DOCUMENTPART, DOCUMENTVERSION.

This means the property name in the MS word file should be same as the classification name(in CT04) to transfer the property. For document key the property name in the MS word file should be DOCUMENTNUMBER, DOCUMENTTYPE, DOCUMENTPART, DOCUMENTVERSION.

I am not sure if SAP needs a "target" to transfer the data, or? I think you can try this out!

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jomerce,

yes, I tried and my result is: There must be an target-attribute in Word first. I wrote a small VB-macro to insert the attributes. Perhaps someone finds it useful.

Daniel

Sub SAP_Merkmale_hinzufuegen()
'
' SAP_Merkmal_Version_hinzufuegen Makro
' Makro programmiert am 15.09.2010 von DAKA
'
On Error Resume Next
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="DOCUMENTNUMBER", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="########", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="DOCUMENTTYPE", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="+++", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="DOCUMENTVERSION", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="~", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="STATUSINTERN", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="--", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="DESCRIPTION", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="xxxxxxxxx", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="USERNAME", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="uuuu", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="SMS_DMS_POSID", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="SMS_DMS_PSPID", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="SMS_DMS_KNAME", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="SMS_DMS_ANLAGENTYP", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="SMS_DMS_ORIG_SEITEN", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="SMS_DMS_SCHLAGWORT", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
    ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties.Add Name:="SMS_DMS_STICHWORT", LinkToContent:=False, Value:="", Type:=msoPropertyTypeString
On Error GoTo 0

End Sub

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, I tried and my result is: There must be an target-attribute in Word first. I wrote a small VB-macro to insert the attributes. Perhaps someone finds it useful.

Which version of Microsoft Office did this work for?

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure how Desktop office integration works, but to configure property exchange in EasyDMS you need to first configure centrally controlled registries. Then as a general rule you need to have matching property name of property you want to transfer(eg: in CT04) with the property name in the document.

See user guide section "Exchange of Values in File Properties and SAP Properties " in https://help.sap.com/saphelp_edm71/helpdata/en/48/0ddc05f15d0be8e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Also see SAP note 1444113 for details.

Hope this helps,

Jomerce