cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am installing SAPNETWEAVER7.0 SR3 with ORACLE 10G Database in RHEL5(Red hat Enterprise Linux) 32-bit OS.

I finished java installation and i set the environment variables in vi .bash_profile JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_27/jre

export JAVA_HOME and when i am trying to install the SAP it is not connecting to gui is showing the message

"guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host production.ibm.com, port 21200 to continue with the installation".

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

Did you installed both ABAP stack and Java stack for the NW7.0 SR3?

or only java stack?

What is the exact meaning by saying "i am trying to install the SAP it is not connecting to gui"?

Could you please let me know how the error is reproduced in order to get a better understanding?

then I can check whether I can provide some valuable suggestion.

Best Regards,

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva

you can go with SR2 first (check if Linux is supported). For Windows this works. That way you can still use 32bit. Even so it is highly recommended not to use 32bit

Nesimi

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am installing SAP NETWEAVER7.0 SR3 with ORACLE 10G Database in RHEL5(Red hat Enterprise Linux) 32-bit OS

Netweaver SR3 installations are only supported on 64bit Operating Systems. You should read the installation guide - https://service.sap.com/instguidesNW70

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please follow instalaltion guide for LINUX OS.There you will find to setup DISPLAY variable for starting sapinst.

setting up DISPLAY variable also compulsory along with JAVA_home variable .This depends also on tool which you using to login into linux box.If you are using putty then please check if you have started xserver also.

Thanks..

Mohit