Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported by is not populating in message creation

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

When I am trying to create Message thru "Notif_create " transaction, I couldn't able to select "reported by" . I created Business partner with transaction BP by using Business Partner (Gen.) and assigned Identification Number : <SID> <Install Number> <Client> <Username>

Some where I have seen " If you choose to create them automatically, the best way to do so, is to do it based on a solution. The system will automatically create the corresponding business partner from the user base of the satellite system"

How to do this automatically. Here I wnat to understand, if we will be creating that much user IDs which are there in R/3, we should have licensing of that much users in Sol. Mgr also or not. I heard that in Sol. Mgr there is no problem of licensing of users. Is it true or not ?

Even When I am creating mesage thru R/3 also, "Reported by " is not captured.

We are in Software component : ST 400 ; Release - 400; level - 0018; Highest support - SAPKITL428; SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

..please keep in mind to maintain user-id in the business partner: Go to transaction BP, select segment 'Employee', go to 'Identification' and enter the SolMan-User ID for that user. If that is not maintained, you will not have 'reported by' filled out.

This also answers about users - yes, you need all R/3 users as users AND business Partners in SolMan. There is a report to do the synchronization.

About the licensing I once heard the statement that 'Every licensed R/3, ECC, ... user is also licensed for SolMan', but you need to check with your SAP account manager, only he can answer that.

All the best,

Frank

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay and Frank,

Thanks for your replies.

For automatic creation, when I went to BP_GEN transaction, then when I am selecting Sol. Mgr client I am getting error

SMP      SM_SMPCLNT110_READ               Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

When I am trying to change existing user who has ben defined as user. I went to BP when I am selecting, Business partner(Gen) then only i am getting the screen for choosing

CRM001 "SID of satellite system" "inst no." "client" "username".

Here it has been already defined.

But I am not getting any screen if select as employee for maintaining system ID

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because of constrainst of messages creation I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Please check if the Ibase field in the message is filled out.

If it is not, please make sure that there is an Ibase in IB52 with external ID SOL_MAN_DATA_REP. Usually the Ibase components are automatically updated when SMSY is modified, it is easy to generate the systems as Ibase components just by entering them in change mode in SMSY, and saving.

I think that once you get the Ibase to be properly filled out then the reported by will also be filled out.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Angel,

Thanks for your reply. We are did the settings as told by you. Still the problem exsists.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BP_GEN transaction code then go to userlist->Add system select solman system which shows all users in that then select the user by double click then goto Edit->create businessparterner. This will create user as BP automatically with required fields. Now it will find the Reported by field if use this user to open ticket. The ticket creater should exist in the solman system as BP user to get Reported by field.

If you open ticket from satellite system through help->support message then you should create that user as BP user in solman system and maintain the satellite system details for that user under identification tab with below details

CRM001 "SID of satellite system" "inst no." "client" "username".

Save the changes. Now open with that user and check.

Thanks,

Ajay.