cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab delimiter notepad to upload in import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to upload a text file which is tab delimited in Import manager in MDM 7.1.Please provide me the steps.Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

The below are the steps:

1. Connect to Import Manager

2. Provide Repository name and your login credentials

3. Connect To Source:

Type: Delimited Text

Remote System: You can select MDM here or any specific Remote system that you defined in Console

File Name: Browse and select the file here from your local system

Delimiter: \t

4. Next

5. The import manager will open then.

6. Select source and Destination table

7. Do the required mapping/matching field etc

8. Save the map

9. Select Import icon

The text coding must be UTF8.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priti,

thankyou so much for your reply.Can u guide me if i have file in 1 server and my mdm is in another server.how can i send that file to mdm import manager so that it will come to data manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

When you open MDM Import Manager to connect to repository with repository name, user and password and then click on next, you will here connec t to source, here property File Name using which you can dowload/upload your source notepad in MDM Import Manager. So if you have source file at your desktop or file available in network shared folder you can upload this notepad tab delimiter file in MDM import Manager. As your file is in another server, you can send that file using share file folder with MDM Import Manager machine.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

As already sggested by Mandeep, you can select the file in the Browser.

It works.

Please try it and let us know if you face any problem.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much but im not getting the data after importing in import manager in mdm .please do help me.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinnu,

Could you be please more clear on what the problem is.

After you connect to the source, and the import manger opens.. when you go to source preview.. are you able to see the data there?

if you could mention the steps you performed.. it wud be easier to know the problem.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it got fixed.I imported the data in import manager.but i was not able to see the data.So i mapped the fields then data is shown.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I have the cleansed and validated data now in MDM.I need to syndicate this to sap ECC.Can u please guide me with the steps.Thanks in advance.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinnu,

Its nice to know that you could import the data!!

For syndication, since you are sending it to ECC, you need to have a xsd which will define the structure of your destination side.

You need to define the xsd in Console in the table XML Schemas

Connect to syndicator

File -> New

Select the XSD you declared here

Next -.> Map the fields and save the map

Then, syndicate.

You can have the scenario: MDM -> PI-> ECC

Refer this link for step by step procedure: /people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

Please refer the below links for complete understanding of the scenarios:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/42/c89fc0c84e136ce10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/43/1346e6ca856f40e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/5c/73b2429da4c511e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Priti

Answers (0)