Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material purchase order is not allowed WBS xxxx

ying_zeng2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dear All,

While change service entry in ME22N transaction Code, one error message appears as:

-

"Material purchase order" is not allowed (WBS C-02003-APC01-05)

Message no. BS007

Diagnosis

The current status of object 'WBS C-02003-APC01-05' prohibits business transaction 'Material purchase order'.

Procedure

To process business transaction 'Material purchase order', you first have to change the status of object 'WBS C-02003-APC01-05' to allow the transaction 'Material purchase order'.

This gives you an overview of the system and user statuses that affect the transaction. A transaction can only be executed if there is at least one status that allows it and there is no status that forbids it.

-

WBS C-02003-APC01-05 was closed, but I change another entry (change quantity, price, add a new line, etc.), not the entry line about WBS C-02003-APC01-05, how?

Please suggets to rectify this wrong validation message.

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ying_zeng2
Explorer
0 Kudos

a program bug in the old system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ying Zeng,

The system behavior is correct, one the WBS Element status is changed to TECO or Closed (CLSD) you should not change any data of the PO.

Whats your exact requirement?

If you want to change the PO data, then you have to revert the WBS element status to REL.

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to change the data of already existing PO or creating new PO for the WBSE.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<WBS C-02003-APC01-05 was closed, but I change another entry (change quantity, price, add a new line, etc.), not the entry line about WBS C-02003-APC01-05, how?>

What do you mean by this..... Clarify.. As WBS is closed system status. System is behaving correctly.

With Regards

Nitin P.

ying_zeng2
Explorer
0 Kudos

yea, you got it. WBS C-02003-APC01-05 is closed system status.

for example, I have 3 service enties in a PO item:

entry 10: Activity Number S001 WBS C-02003-APC01-05

entry 20: Activity Number S002 WBS C-02003-APC01-10

entry 30: Activity Number S003 WBS C-02003-APC01-11

WBS C-02003-APC01-05 is closed system status

WBS C-02003-APC01-10 and WBS C-02003-APC01-11 are open

I want to change entry 20 or 30, or add a new entry, then I got the error message. why?

Edited by: Ying Zeng on Sep 15, 2010 7:17 AM

Edited by: Ying Zeng on Sep 15, 2010 7:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ensure that Delivery completion indicator is there for line item 0010 of the PO, then try to change the line items 20 & 30.

ying_zeng2
Explorer
0 Kudos

no, there is not any Delivery completion indicator in this PO item.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the message an error message or just a warning message?

Can you not just press enter and get past the message after changing the second or thid lines?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ying,

I tried to simualted your scenario, I dont any error messages if i change the other service line item data of other WBS Element. But, I didnt use any service master and I think you are using service master.

I found two OSS notes

Note 625791 - ME22N/ME52N: Fields updated from service master ,

Note 622746 - ME21N:Acct assgmt checked, although service line unchanged

but both are applicable upto release 4.7. There are other notes also for your error, try searching in OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have simulated the same scenario in my system and I didnt get any error or warning message as you said.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed and Praveen

Thanks - exactly what I thought - there should be no error messages.

It looks like there is some other user status or something else (probably non standard) blocking it

or else - it could be the good old user error - maybe the cursor is on the first line and the user is changing the second line in the item overview screen and hence the error

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I agree with Virendra. It should not give error. if user is correctly follwoing what he confimed & there is not any user status is active which is prohibiting it.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.

ying_zeng2
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks Ahmed Rifaee, I'l to try these two notes, btw, my sap release is ECC6.0

and thanks all guys.

Edited by: Ying Zeng on Sep 15, 2010 10:29 AM