cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order-Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding Sales order. If i am creating a sales order for 5 items out of which first delivery once i am creating of one number. once the PGI Done and billing done Sales order status is showing being process but as soon we will start processing other 4 item sales order saying completed. Can you please help me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes you are right but for the second outbound delivery I am only creating the delivery and picking request, still I have to do PGI and the Sales order is showing Completed. Please give some more details on the same.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said the system willl show the SO to be completed as soon as all the items in the SO have been delivered, regardless of whether you go picking, PGI or not.

Check tables VBUK and VBUP for more details on header & item level statuses.

Hope its clear now,.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Amit,

Ya I`m very much clear with this but in my scenario its causing a lot of problem, because the order is saying that its closed but still its in being processed. Why does SAP show a sales order as complete when a sub process like an outbound delivery is still being processed? Can you please elaborate.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The primary objective of a SO is to create delivery related items and confirm schedule lines. Once delivery for the entire order qty has been created there is no point processing the SO further. If you agree with this the solution is more clear.

Subsequently till Picking, packing and PGI is done delivery status would show as being processed and once they are done it would be complete.

Hope it clears your doubts.

Check this [link|http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/explain-the-meaning-of-an-open-sales-order.htm] for more details.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakanth,

Like Amit mentioned, Sales order status captures if the immediate subsequent doc has been created or not., In our case it shows as completed after the delivery has been completed.

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakant,

In the 2st case ur are doing a partial delivery of just 1 qty out of 5. Thats why the SO status remains being processed even after delivery & PGI is done.

The status of the sales order becomes completed only after all the items in the SO have been delivered successfully.

Regards,

Amit