cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Budget Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After creating a project in CJ20N and then saving it, I need to change the budget profile. However after opening the project again the budget profile was greyed up and it did not allow me to change the budget profile.

I hope someone can advice me on how I can solve this issue or which T-code I could use to configure this. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are system staus and user status of your project and WBS. If you have already budget in that case and your user status prohibit in that case it will not allow you to change the same.

With Regads

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

just to confirm, so if my system status is release and i have budget input already i cannot change my budget profile?

If my system status is release and no budget is input can i change the budget profile?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes If you have budget your project in that case you cannot cahnge your budget profile. becaseu system will not get idea based on which logic this budget derived if it allows you to chagne budget profile.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeremiez,

I just did a quick test in my sytem, I allocated the budget and released the project and saved it. I opened the project again, My budget profile field in Project definition is "not greyed" out. It is still in editable mode, I am able to removed budget profile.

Just check the field settings for the project definition in OPUJ, whether it is set to display mode or not.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ahmed true and strange, let me correct myself. Even I chekced after your post, after budgeting WBS I am able to chagne budget profile.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even I feel this as strange, I am just wondering what would happend if i give budget profile of different settings. Which settings will the system consider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin & Ahmed,

Its really strange, but once the budget profile is changed, it picks the settings of new budget profile.

According to new budget profile if there are any postings, it will issue the messages according to new budget profile tolerance limits.

@ jeremiez,

Check with the field settings of the project profile.

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The system settings since the budget profile is greyed out:

Go to the field selection of project profile

check if it is in the hidden/display mode.

Then try to enable it to required/input mode.

It should work

While a WBS is budgeted and then the profile is changed, the new settings take place for existing structure and new structure creation. Hence the field selection is hidden for budget profiles in the project proflie field so that you will not be able to change the budget proflie.

Thanks

Vittal